BE AWARE! I lost $40k from my Exodus Wallet!

Hey, be careful. I don’t know what happened but I lost all my exodus funds. Other wallets have not been touched - I still have funds on metamask and phantom, but with exodus they disappeared.

Anyone had a similar situation? Anyone know why this could have happened?

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

holy… sorry for ur loss, did u use this wallet on multiple devices?

yup, on my iphone, macbook and pc - i guess my pc is dangerous cuz i downloaded KMSpico - a program to update windows and I read today that people found phishing in it XD

1 Like

thats why i never store my wallet on windows pc…

1 Like

lesson for the future, I just bought a ledger.

@SWAPD now I’m a noob

7 Likes

personally when same kind of thing happened to me karma kinda returned it back in a span of time haha, so keep ur head up solider :military_helmet:

1 Like

question for people - what should I do now? format the computer, clean the entire computer without reformatting it, or something else? I don’t want all my accounts to be stolen lol

malwarebytes and couple antivirus softwares might be able to detect those trojans but i would suggest totally clearing all data and reinstalling windows e.t.c, factory reset basically. as i assume you have a lot of funds there lol

2 Likes

https://www.ledger.com/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

already bought :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you email them? I had one issue and their support was very fast to help me with.

it was two days ago - I didn’t log into this wallet, do you think I wrote to them?

Format whole computer (in setup assisant, format multiple times if possible), do fresh windows install from the official Microsoft Windows Upgrade Assistant/Setup wizard

1 Like

Damn it. Sorry to hear. Windows defender didn’t detect the virus?

1 Like

it just detected it, but it seemed normal to me since the program is a windows crack

after an hour i lost my money

Could you share the addresses where your crypto was withdrawn to? Would be interesting to see if anything could be tracked down (for those interested lol)

btc: 1FcBFiVpABEaNKmLKQWbr35m5j4KEeK6z5
txid: 3cf0842bb0a33d82db97362c1328ac23a42dccb8c12a9ca96ea6588a9508c754

usdt: TSwymiLxa7nbV3opanaXA5aibHJsYppVmz
txid: 935c71f44acf603afbcc6aca3aabcbad509cbc4fb742a350769a1b1d1866fb71

The funds are still on those wallets, let’s keep an eye on it :stuck_out_tongue: Some of these phishing schemes are automatic, and the people behind it might not have even noticed they got you.

1 Like

is there any option that exodus support will help me? whether to come to terms with the loss and accept it xD

It’s crypto, so there’s nothing they can do in terms of reversing the transactions. Not sure how they could help you besides send you some tips on general wallet security :frowning: At least you’re getting a Ledger now. A bit late, but at least it shouldn’t happen again

1 Like