During a transfer, we have lost an Instagram account, and we were wondering if our community can help us out. The problem is the “suspicious login attempt” screen that sends the PIN to the current email on file. The problem is, Instagram isn’t sending the email, and we’ve tried for two days now.
What we’ve tried:
- Resetting the password. The emails for resetting the passwords come in right away, but not for the PIN.
- Reverting the changes via the disavow link. All we get is a blank page with an “Oppps, sorry. There is an error.”
- Sending the login link via the APP. Nothing shows up.
- Using the old phone on file to get the log in link. Nothing shows up.
- We’ve tried logging in via the linked Facebook, another error.
- We’ve tried contacting support@Instagram.com, but received an automatic message that they no longer provide email support and to see their knowledgebase.
The old owner isn’t able to log in even on his original device, and the new owner isn’t able to log in, also.
Hopefully, a group huddle will help us solve this. Could this be Instagram messing up? DownDetector.com was reporting multiple outages @Instagram for the past 2-3 days (errors/crashes/login problems), could that be it? If so, why did our other transfers work, and this didn’t? Looking for Instagram experts to chime in.