Eva.Stories - Special for holocaust remembrance day

Today is the Holocaust Remembrance Day and there’s a huge project that was made in Israel.

The project’s goal is to educate the youth about the Holocaust, and how did they do that? with the thing teenagers use the most - Instagram.

It’s basically an Instagram account for a 12 years old girl in 1944, it’s important to say that this is based on a true story and not just a fictional one.

Here’s a “Trailer” of what was about to come - https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzDi11HF5d/

And she tells her story and shows her life through story, like most of the teenagers do. but it’s just in the time zone of the Holocaust.

It is a high-quality production, they spent Millions of dollars on advertisement and for the making of the stories.

it currently has 499k followers in a few weeks, already received the blue badge and grows insanely fast.

I honestly think that this is a brilliant idea to educate the youth ( who are a tough crowd to reach and make them listen about things like this ) about the Holocaust.

What’d you think? I know it’s not that relevant to SwapD, but it’s an important topic that is currently happening on Instagram, which is kinda close to what we do.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the main driving force behind most activity on SWAPD (educating people). While it’s a noble cause, most people here are trying to make a living here via silly entertainment. What is exactly that you’re proposing/asking here?

BTW, I may be in Israel next week :stuck_out_tongue: I am going to knock on your door and be like “where is my money for ticket 5918213?”

Nothing at all. Just wanted to share something interesting. it already has 740k followers. this is insane.

LOOL
For what reason? a vacation?

The campaign is probably backed by someone crafty and a good budget.

LOOL
For what reason? a vacation?

To kick yo…

But for real, my wife has some time off from work, so today we’re flying out to England for a few days and next week there is a good tip @ our travel agency (it includes Israel/Jordan/Egypt) that my wife wanted to buy. I don’t want to go as it’s a sightseeing trip and I don’t feel like sitting on a bus for 9 days, so I am trying to fight this. If I don’t find an alternative that pleases my better half I will be in your country all pissed off trying to work from a bus.

Wouldn’t it be funny if a war starts when you arrive?

What?

Wouldn’t it be funny if Hamas (Gaza) starts firing rockets at us as soon as you arrive? but don’t worry, It’s only on the south of Israel ( if it happens )

Anyway, all jokes aside ( bc it won’t happen ) - HAVE FUN! Israel, Jordan, and Egypt are super interesting. I wish I could visit those places, but it’s too risky for Israelis & pretty sure I’m not allowed to as someone with an Israeli passport.

That’s where the trip starts -_-

Oh well, Meg will take care of SwapD.

Sorry no, it start south of Jordan. I made a mistake.

Don’t worry, even if it happens ( again, it won’t, we have a cease fire ) we have Iron Dome so you’re good.

Trust me, You’ll have a great time at the 3rd most innovative country in the world. :smiley: no jokes, one of the safest countries in the world.

As a person who watches the news all the time I would put that to a debate. If Israel is one of the safest countries, then Poland must be pure heaven :smiley:

Also

“one of the safest countries”

and

“just don’t go south”

:smiley:

I was joking, it safe everywhere within Israel.

And yes, it is one of the safest countries in the world, I don’t know what the news are feeding you with, but it is.

Here is Frank Grillo on Jimmy Kimmel after he visited Israel, saying he felt more safe there than in Hollywood.

Anyway, It’s known that it’s very safe here.

“More safe than Hollywood”
I have bad news for you, the gun toting nation of America isn’t as safe as you would imagine. Especially in the urban areas.

Source: Lived there all my life. I never been to Israel, I am just saying that your country isn’t currently at peace time, that automatically removes the word “safe” off the table, in my humble opinon.

1 Like

It is safe, you’ll see. thanks to your significant other :slight_smile:

Israel is ranked 146th out of 163 countries :smiley:

Poland 32nd! I win! United States is 121st. Shocked_pikachu.jpg

They are dumb, I want to know how they calculate it.

Palestine is safer than Israel? LOL. give me a break. Gays are a sin there

Egypt? Venezuela? Iran? Jordan?

They take over 20 metrics to calculate this.

# Indicator Source Coding
1 Number and duration of internal conflicts[6] UCDP, IEP Total number
2 Number of deaths from external organized conflict UCDP Armed Conflict Dataset Total number
3 Number of deaths from internal organised conflict International Institute for Strategic Studies, Armed Conflict Database Total number
4 Number, duration, and role in external conflicts UCDP Battle-related Deaths Dataset, IEP Total number
5 Intensity of organised internal conflict EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
6 Relations with neighbouring countries EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
7 Level of perceived criminality in society EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
8 Number of refugees and displaced persons as percentage of population UNHCR and IDMC Refugee population by country or territory of origin, plus the number of a country’s internally displaced people (IDP’s) as a percentage of the country’s total population
9 Political instability EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
10 Impact of terrorism Global Terrorism Index (IEP) Quantitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
11 Political terror Amnesty International and US State Department Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
12 Number of homicides per 100,000 people UNODC Surveys on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (CTS); EIU estimates Total number
13 Level of violent crime EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
14 Likelihood of violent demonstrations EIU Qualitative scale, ranked 1 to 5
15 Number of jailed persons per 100,000 people World Prison Brief, Institute for Criminal Policy Research at Birkbeck, University of London Total number
16 Number of internal security officers and police per 100,000 people UNODC CTS; EIU estimates Total number; Civil police force distinct from national guards or local militia[7]
17 Military expenditure as a percentage of GDP The Military Balance and IISS Cash outlays of central or federal government to meet costs of national armed forces, as a percentage of GDP, scores from 1 to 5 based on percentages[8]
18 Number of armed-services personnel per 100,000 The Military Balance and IISS All full-time active armed-services personnel
19 Volume of transfers of major conventional weapons as recipient (imports) per 100,000 people SIPRI Arms Transfers Database Imports of major conventional weapons per 100,000 people[9]
20 Volume of transfers of major conventional weapons as supplier (exports) per 100,000 people SIPRI Arms Transfers Database Exports of major conventional weapons per 100,000 people
21 Financial contribution to UN peacekeeping missions United Nations Committee on Contributions and IEP percentage of countries’ “outstanding payments versus their annual assessment to the budget of the current peacekeeping missions” over an average of three years, scored from 1–5 scale based on percentage of promised contributions met
22 Nuclear and heavy weapons capability The Military Balance, IISS, SIPRI, UN Register of Conventional Arms and IEP 1–5 scale based on accumulated points; 1 point per armoured vehicle and artillery pieces, 5 points per tank, 20 points per combat aircraft, 100 points per warship, 1000 points for aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine[10]
23 Ease of access to small arms and light weapons