Fishing Brand (Website & 40,000+ social following) - HUGE Potential

Domain name: https://www.reelhooked.co
Brand Name: ReelHookedCo , feel free to google and I’ll be the first result
Website included?: Absolutely.
Price: $3000

What is included in the sale?

• Domain name with SSL

• I used to dropship reputable fishing supplies with a US supplier distributing top branded products in the industry. I will provide the dropship contact info and how you could get started again with that if you would like. My revenue was around $2000 when I first started with this on my site alone, another $4000 on Amazon and $0 on advertising.

• Complete website (custom built with wordpress- premium plugins - over $1000 in bug fixes and designs) & hosted on AmazonAWS with a speed of 5S or less (at one point was 35S)

• Social media following including (30,000+ Instagram followers, 4200+ Twitter followers, 2200+ Facebook likes and 250+ Youtube subscribers)

• Registered Site members - 1200+ (We used to sit between 10,000-15,000 monthly visits until I became inactive

• All logo’s

What is required to keep the business operational?

I engaged the community as much as possible as it was my initial goal to develop a community in this industry. You would have to fulfill orders if drop shipping and try to continually post fishing articles as that’s what drives the traffic.

Why are you selling the business?

Love the industry, love the community, love everything about it but with a full-time job and other projects, I unfortunately can’t continue to run it and I REALLY don’t want to see it go to waste.

How does the business generate revenue?

Dropshipping and adsense

We earned $2000 rev in the 2 months we were dropshipping before we went inactive…we spent $0 in advertising

We earn $50-$100 pm in ad revenue as well via adsense

Are there any expenses for the business? If so, what are they?

Hosting (I use AWS which allows my website to run at 3-5s load time) - $9 to $15 pm

Domain name - $20 per year

Drop ship contact - $180/year

Automation fulfilment to incorporate 10,000+ products into the website - $50 pm

What marketing initiatives have been used for this business?

Organic social media growth via affiliates and referrals. I spent $0 in advertising so what we have been able to build without that is phenomenal.

How can the future owner improve the business?

A budget in advertising and creating a mobile app.

I myself, aside from dropshipping had also tried POD (print on demand) as an apparel company after I did the dropshipping but wasn’t that successful. I did around $1000 in sales in the 1-2 months I tried it but what’s business if you don’t take the risk to try things?

My recommendation would be to really make it the “Facebook” of the fishing industry and become a staple. Work with big brands for advertising and affiliates, premium memberships, etc BUT I do think selling fishing supplies again would be a viable option of you had a good creative team and a marketing budget.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.