How many buyers were actually able to acquire a portal through @Jamixson's "Portal Guide"?

Since Swapd allowed people to sell Methods and Guides, the Marketplace has been flooded with low-quality and high-priced guides that never end up working for the end user. The sellers face no repercussions because Mentorships are non-refundable. ( I did see Swapd’s new much-needed 7-day grace period update announcement today.) I think seven days is great, but what if a method takes more than seven days? I could essentially offer a crazy service claiming something crazy and charge x,xxx. I’ll only face negative reviews and probably be restricted from selling mentorships again after already making 10k-20k in the process before being stopped.

@Jamixson started providing his Mentorship program to acquire unlimited portals on Feb 28th. 62 days ago… so Essencaly two months ago.

He first marketed this as a limited-sale mentorship. So incentivizing the first few buyers to buy the method as they believed only a hand full of people would be able to get this mentorship before he closed it down. As we all know now, that did not happen. Jamixson sold as many as he could as fast as he could, not caring about how it would affect the method and his high-paying customers and community on Swapd.

I brought up this concern after buying his method. When I purchased, I was under the impression that there would be a cap on sales. Here is my public conversation with him:

He claims that not only has he been using this method for over four years, but he has been actively selling this method for four years. It’s a bit strange as he was one of the most frequent buyers of my Musican verification services. So if he had so many portals, why pay $3k-$4k to sellers here for verification?

He also put my concerns to rest, saying, “We HAVE NEVER had issues”. Fast forward 24 days later, he tries to blame other sellers reselling his method for ruining the process.

So in under 60 days, the bulletproof method he has been using and selling for 4 years has stopped working? It’s such a cop-out to the community and the buyers who paid alot of money for his method and got nothing from it. You told us that this wouldn’t happen, and now it happened. You are quick to blame everyone else but don’t take accountability for also spamming and selling the method to as many people as you could. In your own words, you publicly said you sold the method to 45 people within 7 days. But, of course, that had nothing to do with the method being patched right?

I would also like to mention that I believe most buyers, if not all buyers including @Swapd, had no idea that the short-term method which was the bread and butter of it all and the real reason people wanted the method involved us in impersonating Meta and Impersonate Record labels to acquire panels. He never let anyone know that this was a part of the process until after. I’ll speak for myself, but if I knew beforehand that I would have to pretend to be Meta and pretend to be record labels to steal Merlin Id’s, I would have never purchased this “Mentorship.” He should have called it “How to Impersonate Meta & Merlin Members to acquire stolen Panels Full Mentorship”. I was never able to get a portal following his steps, and it looks like ill never be able to know even if i keep trying as it seems the method is patched, and @jamixson has walked away Scot-free. I don’t expect any refund, but I do think Swapd should investigate this and block @jamixson from providing any further mentorship to the community at the bare minimum. Curios to know how many people purchased his method compared to how many people it worked for.

9 Likes

Was sold the same method as @jamixson was selling, but from a different seller. I did not know that it was gonna be the same method and that it was already patched before I got it.

1 Like

Well, that’s what you get when you deal with @jamixson aka Shamoun. That stinks that you lost a lot of money. Happy to help you get an actual panel 100% legitimately, if you still need it. DM and we can discuss.

RE: the 7 day grace period, I’m still confused how that actually protects people like you and other buyers. Once @jamixson sent you the method / guide, there’s here’s nothing he can do to take that away from you. Is Swapd allowing buyers to claim something doesn’t work, get their refund, and then just keep the contacts/method? That doesn’t seem fair. But it’s also not fair with what happened here. There needs to be more clarity around this because as the terms stand, mentorships are not disputable but with the new announcement, he’s acting like the category is disputable.

1 Like

From what SWAPD told me in PM, the is the option to dispute within the grace period. As long as the ticket hasn’t been closed, you can dispute

1 Like

Yeah… makes no sense. If I sell a guide or contacts, then the buyer has that info and I can’t take that back. They can easily claim something doesn’t work. But then also, buyers can get screwed like this. Seems like trouble all the way around.

1 Like

I also never got anything wasted money. Everyone has it every third guy here has the same guide

6 Likes

How many successful FB/IG verifications has Jamixson done on-site for you guys to blindly pay him for a portal?

1 Like

Opinion: methods should be banned from being sold on SWAPD

There is so much room for manipulation in both sides of the transaction

8 Likes

I don’t agree on that, but there should be better terms for it, whatever that is is something to figure out…
E.g. things like a patch warranty for a certain amount of time (some sort of insurance maybe), limited cap of sales, things like that etc

Just certain measures that prevent low quality/shitty methods to be sold imo.

There is a lot of ■■■■ on SWAPD that should be banned. Ideally they should start charging for people to have the ability to sell on marketplace + VET every thread to the best of their knowledge before it goes live on the marketplace. They owe that much to the buyers.

The McEvans saga, vanishing Gold badges, useless portals, stolen Merlin IDs, TikTok methods …

The tag of ‘there is always risk involved’ also is a great excuse. Most of these scammers are out here to scam. It’s NOT a case of ‘■■■■ happens’, a lot of sellers are selling knowing full well what they are doing, but, doing it anyways.

Scammers are gonna scam. It’s up to SWAPD to step up their game.

4 Likes

I took these things into consideration that’s why I was unwilling to pay his $15k asking price. We came to the agreement of $5k and that was a price i was comfortable with losing if the method was bullshit.

I had assumed myself he was claiming this was his method but he was really reselling it from someone else. So the whole 4 year plus bullshit may be true to the real maker of the method but he was just saying it was his because the services he provided and purchased on SWAPD didn’t add up with his story.

It is widely acknowledged that the recent incidents involving the portal guide have been problematic, and in fact, several other aspects related to Facebook/Instagram have also been problematic lately.

Allow me to elaborate on a few things.

When we introduced the Mentorships/Method category, we had to introduce several rules, which some unscrupulous individuals have unfortunately exploited. Given the nature of the information and documents being offered, it was challenging to prevent such abuse. We were unable to issue refunds or vote disputes in favor of buyers who had already gained access to valuable information.

Even after the release of the category, we continued to implement additional rules to combat violations related to the Mentorships/Method category. Our primary concern was offsite communication, but we also tried to keep track of which methods were in circulation and identify whether any methods were being resold by previous buyers.

The new rule is a grace period of seven days that prevents tickets from being closed until seven days have passed since the delivery of the mentorship/method. This will allow buyers to make their case under the supervision of SWAPD staff if the mentorship/method is incomplete or useless. However, once a mentorship ticket is closed, it cannot be disputed.

As many of you are aware, SWAPD has always strived to be the number one marketplace for quality services and social media properties. As we have grown, maintaining our quality control has become more challenging. For instance, we had to eliminate audits, and our moderators now oversee more than just homepage listings. We understand and empathize with your frustration concerning the lack of quality mentorships/methods, but we believe that we have been more than generous in warning and disclaiming to buyers considering purchasing them.

The reality is that some people have viewed this category and its lax rules as a way to make easy and indisputable money. We are putting an end to that right now. Effective immediately, users offering mentorships should expect random quality control checks and method validation. Additionally, users (especially those with user statuses such as VIP, DC & MC) run the risk of having their memberships terminated/restricted and user statuses revoked if SWAPD rules against the quality of their offerings.

Furthermore, we are officially prohibiting the sale of FB/IG Media Portals as mentorships/methods/guides.

15 Likes

In addition, starting now, only VIP or higher users may post mentorship listings (as sellers). Regular buyers can still purchase, no problem.

8 Likes

This is a great step forward and I suppose the question that I would have (as a non VIP member, with a mentorship/method listing up), am I able to continue this and does this only apply to new listings?

We removed/closed all mentorship listings that do not meet the new guidelines. We believe sellers should at least have some SWAPD merit before attempting to “mentor” anyone.

5 Likes

Hurts to hear but at the end of the day, it is the right step to make for the betterment of the community

2 Likes

The method does not work in case the account or the Merlin ID in question has not activated the deal with “Facebook” on Merlin Wizzard, you can send the name of request that you want it will not work.

It is necessary that the Merlin account is active the deal, the problem of @jamixson is that it gives a method to steal Merlin IDs pretending to be members partnership of Facebook.

But all the merlin id obtained via this method become obsolete because the affiliate labels as the merlin id did not get the deal or activate it.

Today the only method is to have a Merlin legit or make a duplicate portal from an existing portal.

1 Like

The problem is that it’s not mentioned anywhere, most people have used the method with stolen merlins and have messed up 99% of the work, the form still works, merlin members who have activated the deal with Facebook can still get their portal.

You should also know that most of them have tried the method with accounts modified less than 3 weeks ago.

The account in question must be more than 30 days old, and we mean 30 days old.

In addition some portals have jumped as a result of this method since it used rep that is not assigned to the label, it is imperative to contact the mail assigned to Facebook from merlin to get a rep, not just go to linkdin and find the first rep you find and use it in the requests your portal will jump after the 3/4 requests.

Most of the method/mentorship listings I have seen so far were basically scams lol as the sellers never agree to provide a guarantee that it works

1 Like