Introducing: Escrow for Currency Exchanges + Public Listing

Feel safer when exchanging money with other members

We’ve decided to open our Currency Exchanges section to everyone. Until today, it has been restricted to Premium and VIP+ only, and has allowed them to exchange currencies without SWAPD staff’s involvement.

We’ve come to realize that some of you are exchanging larger amounts of money, and we sometimes see people being hesitant going first, or taking part in the exchange. Because of this, we’re introducing escrow for currency exchanges at an optional basis (for Diamond Club & Millionaire Club). Regular members, premium members and VIP’s wishing to exchange currencies will have to do so via a ticket.

Diamond Club and above are in no way required to use SWAPD escrow when exchanging currencies, but they have the option to. SWAPD escrow for Currency Exchanges will work on a progressive fee structure, based on the amount being exchanged, or $20 USD minimum. The fee structure can be seen below. Escrow for Currency Exchanges is only available between Bank Wire and Cryptocurrencies (BTC, USDT & ETH).

Fee structure

Regular & Premium Members: 3% from each payment (If two regular users are exchanging, the total fee for the exchange will be 6%).

VIP: 2% (If two VIP’s are exchanging, the total fee for the exchange will be 4%. If a VIP is exchanging with a regular user, they will receive a 2% deduction, while the regular user will receive a 3% deduction).

Diamond Club: 1% (If two Diamond Club members are exchanging, the total fee for the exchange will be 2%).

Millionaire Club: 0% (note that you will still be liable to international wire fees and/or fees charged by the blockchain).

FAQ

Q: Am I more secured if I use escrow for my currency exchange?
A: Yes. The deal won’t proceed until both parties have made their escrow deposits.

Q: What happens if I get scammed outside of escrow?
A: As long as you’ve dealt on SWAPD, we will do our best to help you, but we are not obligated to reimburse you if you don’t use escrow.

Q: Which currencies can SWAPD escrow help me exchange?
A: SWAPD escrow for Currency Exchanges only supports Bank Wire to Cryptocurrencies (BTC, USDT & ETH) and vice versa.

Q: What are the fees associated with SWAPD escrow for currency exchanges?
A: If you’re exchanging crypto to bank wire (or vice versa) please note that you will face the SWAPD escrow fee (as outlined above), bank wire fees (determined by banks) as well as crypto network fees and potential fluctuations.

Q: Who is bearing the SWAPD escrow fees?
A: The SWAPD escrow fee is split between both parties. This means we will deduct a percentage based on the fee structure above from both payments.

Guide: How to start a Currency Exchange ticket

Note: Currency Exchange tickets does not count towards your sales/purchase data, and will not count towards sales-focused user upgrades.

11 Likes

To recap:

Regular members can now exchange currencies via our Currency Exchanges section. They need to use a checkout ticket. Premium/VIP+ can use SWAPD escrow for their currency exchanges, optionally.

Happy exchanging!

2 Likes

i think you would like this one @darkzeus

1 Like

We’re currently working on our back end to make launching exchange tickets easier. We should be fully operational within a few days, in meanwhile, please bear with us.

6 Likes

thank you bro. :slightly_smiling_face:

We have created an @EXCHANGE bot to assist you with your exchanges. Simply send a message to @EXCHANGE to start a transaction. For more info, please see: How to start a Currency Exchange ticket

2 Likes

Noob

1 Like

Given the amount of trades and possibly high figures of trade, a more practical fee structure would be really constructive to swapd.

Blockchain transactions bear very little fees so it will be helpful for the members to have a better fee %; at the same time decent contribution to swapd team for the time spent.

Could even be like a minimum for any trades like for example $50 or something and the bigger the amount the lesser the fee %. Why I am saying this is paying $1000 in fee for a trade (if the amount is $25k - vips rates, for normal members it’s much higher) is really not practical.

I really hope @SWAPD looks into it.

Right now, this isn’t a priority for us. But in the future, we will revisit this idea. SWAPD isn’t the only place to exchange funds, and I don’t see a problem here. What’s wrong with the exchange platforms you guys use if the fees are high for you? SWAPD wasn’t meant to be a crypto trade platform. We only started this as a courtesy to our users. We’re mainly focused on social media.

Out of curiosity, how many 25K transactions did you plan on doing, @mayan? On average, crypto transactions on SWAPD are in the 1000-3000 USD range. So you’re talking 40 USD fees for the users.

1 Like

All is good but you should keep for VIP user to normaly deal like before without need for an ticket.

99% Vip users agree with me

1 Like

Need sources on that.

1 Like

https://swapd.co/t/update-regarding-currency-exchanges/784274/3

it is all bellow in the comments, everyone was agree that VIP users should be allowed without ticket to deal

You can just make more strict rules for VIP users if you administrators are not omfrtable with that
Like example to be on platform 1 year +
have at least 15 positive reviews…

1 Like

@The-Business-Point had multiple reviews, and look what happened.

but he was premium membership not vip user

• plus he is not over 1 year+ on this platform, he joined on mar 5, 2022

Do not get me wrong, this currency exchange was best thing out here, you would littleraly save a lot of money,
I payed today 50$ in fee on 400$ to exchage crypto for skrill.

I would done it for free on swapd, that was the best part about it

1 Like

Yes, free is always good. Maybe we should remove SWAPD ticket fee, also :smiley:

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. You should also consider donating everything to charity also

1 Like

10k gets you VIP. People will get 10k easily just to run off with 20k. I think there should be set exchangers on here with tags etc who can exchange freely

These people are assigned by staff who they seem trustworthy