Is being verified worth the investment given the risk of blue tick/badge removal

Hey never seen this been talked about here I could be missing something.

Since am new to this thing am wondering if getting verified is worth the investment especially that I have noticed a profile I have been following for a while got his blue tick removed for some unknown reason.

Imagine investing thousands of dollars on the illusive blue tick to find out someday logging in with it being removed. Devastating!

Therefore, am wondering does this thing happens often and what causes someone to loose his blue tick ?

Blueticks don’t get removed unless you’re submitted from a shady portal and someone reports you & the portal, you buy a preverified account, tinker with it too much and change it’s username through someone with a media portal, you submit your username change through someone who doesn’t know how to submit username change requests or you inquire about portals / verifications in messages or reach out to someone at FB.

All in all, the chances are 1% and can be 0% if you don’t do any of the things I wrote above.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. Yeah heard about the shady portal thing.

How about if the person you bought press from reports you to facebook/instagram and states that your press is bought and has false info in it etc. ? is it enough for blue tick removal.

Lets say if someone gets unverified do they get blacklisted from ever getting verified again ?

We had this discussion a while back. @austinlawson started the topic.

If you are referring to his recent thread I have already went through the posts it has. However, no clear info about blue badge removal causes and that is the main reason that urged me to start the thread.