Music Mentoring

Service type: 1-2-1 Music Mentor
Price: $5K for full time help until and after becoming professional.

Description: Do you want to turn music into a career and not just a hobby?

Being a professional musician just means music is your main source of income and yet 100,000 people are releasing music independently every day thinking this is the best way to earn money.

The truth is, most are losing money hand over fist by working on ego projects and claiming there is no money in this multi-billion dollar industry.

Although I can help with self release (it is very easy) it is not what I recommend at all.

I have been signed to Interscope, Polydor and Spinnin and had 25M streams and a Billboard Number 1 (Dance/Mix chart) as a writer.

If you consider that a label may spend ÂŁ100k on marketing, PR etc, you will realise no independent artist can compete with this and yet marketers who have never even charted, much less had a record deal, are encouraging self release in full knowledge that most artists will flop with this method and be forced to buy marketing tips or service from these very people that got them into that predicament in the first place. They resign to self funding marketing with a fraction of the budget that barely moves the needle with next to no benefit other than vanity metrics.

For instance 10,000 streams is worth less than $30 whereas just 1 song can be sold for $12,000.

Even artists like Russ who did have independent success took 11 years to achieve this and still ended up signing to a label. (I personally spent 10 years and around 30k to even start earning money and figured a lot of this stuff out from personal conversations with management, A&R and booking agents and of course a lot of hard graft and mistakes).

Ironically it wasn’t until I had significantly started moving the needle for myself until I could even get into meetings with these types of people

I am not offering to be a middleman to labels (although I can do this is very rare cases where artists are already sounding incredible, having sold out shows and already making traction with social media) but instead I primarily focus on gaining those aforementioned skills and earning money as a musician so that you can transition from a non-musical job to a music career.

This does not need a label to earn bank but essentially gets you out of a non-musical job and buys you the time to work on music 9-5 if you want that musician life or if you do want to become good enough to get investment from a label.

I cannot guarantee you will sign a multi-million pound “pie in the sky” record deal (anyone who does is scamming you) but I can GUARANTEE showing you how to earn enough to pay rent + food + bills with music as a minimum and immediately offer you high paying work as a writer, topliner, singer, producer etc

I have learnt and will show you how to separate art from craft so that you can earn money from the “craft” of music and use it as you see fit.

If I have been unclear/not explained myself satisfactorily or anything needs clarifying please ask and I will do my best to explain and show you how it can apply to your specific situation.

As anyone knows the difference between a mentor and an arbitrary course is making the process specific to you and responding to your unique set of circumstances unlike a music degree or the vast array of online courses which spend too long on the basics for some and not long enough on the more complicated topics providing an average result for most (that usually only focuses on self release anyway) and costs the same or more for basic PDFs and/or pre recorded videos that you could easily Google for yourself.

In short I will show you how to become a professional musician and guide and help you every step of the way as a professional musician myself that has been professional for 12 years and signed to the same labels as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Billie Eilish and Eminem.

7 Likes

Good luck with sales!

1 Like

Just an update: I have had a few enquiries but most still can’t get over the hurdle of thinking that self-release on Spotify is the best way to go.

It all depends on the artists goals and if they just want to release for posterity then self-release is very easy but does not equate to earning significant money (to reiterate:10,000 streams are worth $30 whereas just 1 song can be sold to publishing for around $12K)

The reason I recommend putting the focus on earning money as a musician first and foremost is that it leaves the artist with more time to focus on music leading to better a quality of music and therefore more, better paying opportunities.

This is NOT a marketing mentorship.

Although I can help with that, you need to understand that a label will spend around 100k on marketing whereas most artists will spend 0-5k leaving them with 0-5% of the results and none of the connections, history or experience that a label will bring.

Heard some great music so far but no one earning over 1k from music per month which says it all.

This is for artists that want a music career and not a hobby that loses money.

ANOTHER UPDATE: To satisfy SWAPD’s strict guidelines we have implemented a 3 stage payment for artists safety and security.
Payment will be divided into 3 sections with $1.5k being released after the consultation, $1.5k after the musical assessment and the remaining $2k on delivery of the plan.
Support and guidance will be ongoing and all communications will be through SWAPD.