NEED HELP! SCAM?

Hi Guys,
I just purchased an Instagram account with OG email included. I asked the seller to send me a screenshot of former emails - he gave me the email which was on the bottom - that is the OG.

However, when I logged in the email, I could clearly see that it was created 2 weeks ago. The Instagram page was created in 2018. How is this possible?

Maybe the seller changed emails so many times that Instagram’s system cannot show the older emails? What would be the explanation of this?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Some people make accounts with an email that hasn’t been created yet.

1 Like

Makes sense. Do you think this is the case here?

That seems pretty unlikely that they created an account a year ago with an email that doesn’t exist. I think you have to confirm an email when you add it to instagram or it gets removed.

It’s more likely that the screenshot is photoshopped with the OG email whited out. Easy to do. Maybe you could ask for a live skype where they show you the former emails page.

This is unlikely, but I just went through a situation where instagram support actually removed an email from the list of former emails, because someone was desperately trying to recover the account. It wasn’t the OG email though, not sure if that’s ever happened.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I already own the account and I can clearly see that the email at the bottom (OG, which I also own now) was created 2 weeks ago. I have been buying and selling account for more than 7 years now and this is the first time I experience such thing. I find this topic very interesting, would love to hear more ideas. Maybe somebody knows the answer.

Maybe the account was created without email? Maybe it can be done with just phone number now? Or you used to be able to create accounts without email?

1 Like

Maybe the email got deleted. Depending on email provider you can create them again after a while.

1 Like

I have accounts that I made using fake emails (Xnsksk@siwieheb.com as a random example). I always login with usernames and crazy long passwords. Since the email hasn’t been confirmed, whenever I login on any device or new IP it doesn’t give me any troubles.

However, I’ve also noticed that I have a couple of accounts where I have changed the email and the OGs don’t show in instagram settings. At that point I say it’s a safe bet that the “OG” can’t be used to take back the account.

In your case since he’s not being completely truthful, hit him up for an explanation and go from there. Nobody can ever satisfy your queries except the horses mouth.

2 Likes