PlayerUp.com scammed me for 1350 USD

I wanted to bring awareness to this issue because somehow all online they have many good reviews and I have not seen people describe them as a scam.

I signed up for the website to buy something. The deal did not go through, and instead of being refunded in BTC (my original payment method), I was refunded in “on-site credits.” I made a request to immediately withdraw this $1350 on 4/4/21 and I was told it would be done within 2-3 days. They still kept ignoring me, even after I left a trustpilot review and messaged them on telegram.

I even made several telegram messages to their official support but they have all been ignored. IDK how this site is still functional and has 5 star review on many websites.

This was before I had signed up for SWAPD.

If there is any way my funds could be recovered, it would be great. But I also just want to spread awareness to this lying company.

2 Likes

So they have a credit system? You use those credits in transactions, yes?

1 Like

Yes, they can be used in transactions.

I wanted to be refunded in my original payment method (BTC) because it seems like sellers will not accept the on-site credits (many seem like scammers in hindsight). In addition, there are mainly botted/hacked accounts on there for sale.

God damn you’ve been waiting since 4 months? Bruh I’m pretty sure that money wont come back. They did scam you. Gosh, I feel you, sorry to hear that.
On the contrary I am so glad to have run into SWAPD. The only legit af site that has stood out amongst hundreds of these scam websites. Thank you SWAPD for existing <3

6 Likes

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

2 Likes

I have used them twice in 2018 and it literally took a year and a half to get the payout from the accounts that I sold on there

1 Like

@MeG, we will never insult you again for being 5h late.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me but I continuously messaged every single admin over and over again like a little pest.

Then I started writing multiple reviews on trust pilot and kept screen shoting them and forwarding them to the admins.

After about 50 reviews they got in contact with me and said delete the reviews and they will refund me.

So the reason they have 5 star reviews is because they make people remove negative reviews before they deal with the issue.

It’s also mainly not the sellers or buyers who are causing issues it’s the admins.

They are basically just way understaffed and rather then scaling down a little bit and getting things under control they are just greedy and get as many transactions as possible.

They are mega slow to even respond to disputes. And they always pretend there trying to help but it’s so blatantly obvious they are just doing nothing.

1 Like

Did you have to delete the reviews first before they refunded you? I’m heavily considering getting a PR campaign against them

yes had to delete all the reviews and they eventually got somebody who had common sense to message me. i also got scammed for roughly $1500 and then they realised and helped me out and i did eventually get a refund.

The whole system is terrible even when i did finally get a refund they asked for my eth address and then when i moaned a week later they was like sorry we don’t refund in eth. I was like why did you ask for my eth address and set status to refund then.

Complete disaster and never bothered purchasing anything from them again.

Just to confirm it was Playerups admins/Escrow system that caused me all the issues.

I wrote a very strongly worded review and sent a telegram message and email to their admin/legal team. Let’s see if this gets resolved…

I am thinking of launching a google ad campaign against them, exposing this behavior. Anyone have suggestions on how to do thsi?

They’re too big for it to work. Look at FameSwap. It has tons of scam reports. Everyone still uses them.

Fameswap users —> :clown_face:

2 Likes

PayPal too :smiley: There is a point when once you go big, you’re hard to knock down.

I’ve lost money on that site years ago… never been back. Stay away and stick with swapd.

They always gave me suspicious vibes. I was relieved when I found SWAPD.

I told people to use SWAPD better and trusted it.

They said this about Lehman Brothers in 2008 :slight_smile:

Anyways, the staff got in touch with me randomly and told me they would get back to me. Seems unlikely but considering Google Ads are cheap (and I have some spare time now), I will definitely look into this

I said hard, not impossible. Noob!