Potentially Claiming Active Instagram Handles

I have a question/theory.

Hypothetically let’s say there is a nobody who has a username that someone is willing to offer $100,000 for.
Would it be possible to use your panel or media portal to assign a new username to that account like a normal request (place an inactive username on an account that has a username you want freeing the handle)? Then, does the old username now become available and a autoclaimer/turbo can snag it?

Yes, you potentially could get the panel banned but you would probably still have the username since the person would be a nobody and does not have connections to revert it. He may not even contact support and get the portal banned.

I understand in some cases you need the associated email on the account but you can use one of Instagram’s leaked dumps.

This a theory do you think this could be possible? I’m curious.

@bunny @SMM @Hermes @Boogeyman @jacobj @Ryan @TheHost

Ill claim it for 100k

1 Like

But to answer your question, claiming active handles simply wont work with media portal. They never approve such request. You would have to use other methods

This is a hyperbole but do you think this is a way to get active handles without A+ partner status?

I doubt A+ can claim actives.

1 Like

My theory is you take an inactive handle such as @/hermesking and place it on an active profile @Hermes like a normal request. Then would the handle Hermes be available to auto claim?

Its what some people do, thats why you need the linked email adress. + its so stupid

1 Like

But this method could work since you use a service like Doxagram or something and find the associated linked email attached to the account you want the username on.

1 Like

But generally its so obvious when you do it and its just so so so dumb. They will reverse this

Thats why I ask for screenshot/capture while logged in with the acc. Need proof that you wn it

1 Like

But sometimes requests like this can slip through… would you do something like this for like $10k? I don’t need it just curious

Requests slip through all the time but jacking usernames is something FB has done Cease and desist for. I would never do a request like that and dont try this with anyone here or you will most likely regret it

1 Like

i can claim active and generic but it depends on the handle. send it to me and i’ll see what i can do, i’ve claimed one letters before and many OG’s.

Does this mean that anyone can claim a username of a current Insta handle already in use! ( Would the person lose his Instagram account or his username will suddenly get changed )

the username would just change, they wouldn’t loose the account.

1 Like

Does this mean it would change by default to somethint like user 36373747 ? Thanks for clearing out my doubt :handshake:

generic names and short digits are for A +. In order for a name to be given, the support operation employee examines the following and acts in accordance with the username policy.

Last post:

Last active:

Last: access:

all must be N / A.

In order to request generic names, the account must not be used actively for 365 days (for A / A +). If a facebook employee refers to this name partners are trusted partners and is rejected, they should contact one of the 3 policy managers that created the policy.you can request this (via your fb contact)

A + partners are trusted partners and you can request this (via your fb contact)

I am now A+ and have access to custom verification and username forms.

But the job you mentioned is very risky and fb is aware of this right now, so I always ask my clients to update their account bio (on username swap)

1 Like

Currently you cannot do this from the media portal (maybe you can with another portals) If the name you requested is not an account type supported by a well-known figure, brand, athlete or media support, the request will not be processed.

For example Hermes (a normal user account with or without active) they ignore the process at this stage and will not proceed with the request because you did not meet the support instructions.

1 Like

Thank you for this insightful info bunny I appreciate it.

1 Like

No, lets say the username is “name” the username will become name