PSA: We've received a reports that TikTok accounts can be easily jacked if there is no phone number attached to them. (Update - It works)

Warning - There is a new TikTok exploit out, it allows people to take over any account if there is no phone number attached to it.

This is now a verified exploit. People are losing accounts left and right. To secure your TikTok account, please add a phone number as soon as possible.

UPDATE: I just witnessed this in action. These jackers are taking away 1-chars like it’s candy in a candy bowl. SECURE your accounts now ASAP.

12 Likes

How much are you selling @X for? I’ll give you $100

1 Like

Dabushini, get out.

2 Likes

Jacked as in losing the username? or actual access to the account?

Is this the one that’s like the old Yahoo exploit? This has been floating around for a few months now, figured it would have been patched

Someone should kill this bullshit platform alredy.
It has infected insta too now with retarded reels

6 Likes

UPDATE: I believe I just witnessed this in action. These jackers are taking away 1-chars like it’s candy in a candy bowl. SECURE your accounts now ASAP.

2 Likes

More and more people are confirming this. OGUsers are milking this exploit and grabbing rare handles left and right. If you don’t have a phone number attached to your TikTok you may lose it, forever.

1 Like

It’s safe to say we won’t be allowing any ultra rare TikTok handles for sale in the near future. Or at least not from new members.

2 Likes

Any public reports/articles about it :)?

I didn’t care to search for them.

Just received reports of SWAPD users losing accounts, please add your phone number ASAP.

1 Like

Making this a banner topics for 1-2 days so everyone sees this.

1 Like

Does TikTok have a bounty department? This should be reported ASAP.

1 Like

Found this if anyone has time to report: https://support.tiktok.com/en/privacy-safety/reportsecurityvulnerabilities-default#:~:text=If%20you%20believe%20you%20have,of%2090%20days%20from%20submission.

1 Like

@TheHost - Be a good member and report this to TikTok, because you know the method very well.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, @TheHost obtained a rare handle this way to show us that it works. Not sure how I feel about this, this is clearly jacking.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be reported right here:

or maybe someone who offers TikTok services and has a contact with their team could help?

I wanted to check whether all of my accounts have a phone number attached to them so I did a password reset through browser with my phone number and after I entered a new password I got logged into an account which I sold a few weeks ago on here. Is TikTok full of bugs or what? I just took an account which doesn’t even have my phone number added to it anymore. When I enter the same phone number in app, it says it isn’t used on any account but in browser it allowed me to log into the old account… Will have to contact the buyer now.

7 Likes