Scammed through paypal goods&services, scammer from Serbia

quick note: transaction was made off-site.

what do I need:
someone that knows a website/government agency that can solve this case and get me my money back. payment was made with paypal-balance through goods&services.

how it happened?

money was on hold at paypal.
the seller asked to use another paypal and to refund this transaction.
in order to do it I had to open a dispute at paypal.
when done the seller had “just called with a friend” and asked me to cancel the dispute.
when done the seller blocked me.
after this I realised what happened, unfortunately too late…

so how did this person scammed me?

at paypal you can only put in one dispute over a transaction, when you close the dispute it is not possible to dispute the payment again. he asked me to open a dispute and when I did this he told me I could close it because his friend that understands paypal told him that the best option was to wait for 7 days until the payment cleared.
after that he was free to go with my money…

actions I took already

called with paypal, after an hour of calling they told me that they can’t do anything about it.
reported it to the Dutch police(pretty sure they won’t do anything with it.

If I read the conversation back I can clearly see the multiple red flags that I should have paid attention too (poor english, calling me “bro” 24/7, that the refund wasn’t possible etc.)

page its name was: whoaview

other pages I got scammed by:
the.sad.lines
_clara__antoni

would appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss but I don’t think you will ever see your money back

4 Likes

Those tiddies tho :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

biggest red flag right here + his name is bogdan lol

7 Likes

Have you sent money via card ?

No with paypal balance

Don’t think so too, to be honest the method this guy uses is pretty smart

1 Like

You wont see it back let it go you learnt a lesson for just $450 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Contact to PayPal support

Already done, they can’t help since I stopped the dispute myself

Try emailing them this chat screenshots. Maybe someone can help you in their help center out of courtesy.

The chances are pretty thin.

will give it a try, thanks for the tip

I got into a back and forth with a random about using the word “bro” with strangers. Red Flag as a MF. (offtopic) Also said that if they have a profile picture of Lil Xan, Lil Peep and some other certain rappers or select anime’s / hentai - that’s another PERSONAL red flag.

On topic, hope you get your $ OP

4 Likes

I use the word bro everytime. Its an east eu thing…
They all use it, its more like dude

1 Like

Looks like PayPal is a crappy service to me.

The process should be much simpler and scam proof.

Buyer should sign that he received goods before releasing from escrow.

I believe this is also a feature on PayPal also that the buyer needs to confirm they received the goods.

In such case you can still dispute.
Its mostly for the business accounts

I once bought a service the seller asked me to approve it because he wont recieve the money
I approved it and the service was never delivered. I had to dispute after a month and received money back in 38 days

That’s correct I had a situation where a account was purchased from ebay and the person that purchased used someone else’s account the dispute was taken towards me however months down the line due to me Pursuing the lose of my account I had gotten the money they had taken from me. So in short contact them again with all evidence also include phone number and if you can Fraser him more regarding his first name address etc the. You can collect everything they need to make it a quicker process for you.

1 Like

buddy x6, bro x5, personal problem, bank, money (red flag alert)

I despise scammers, I have zero empathy for them. At least you didn’t do a 5k usd transaction.

Why don’t you guys use a service like this? these people work better than most enterprises in Customer support and their fees are more than reasonable if you have in mind “low risk vs the fees”

4 Likes