SWAPD fights back against scammers to help victims recover their social properties. Here are our stories!

Feeling super bad man. The user took back the account, never looked back. Not even a thanks. I appreciate @Batman and his hard work, but I am officially questioning helping others from now on.

3 Likes

This isn’t an isolated case too. Most people don’t give a F, will be hostile towards you, and never look back. I guess this is due of them not trusting anyone anymore. But still. It feels crappy.

2 Likes

Finally got a late thank you, but only after I pointed out the lack of appreciativeness :smiley: Still, better than nothing.

1 Like

Nevertheless. Not a good reaction from the owner for what you´ve been doing!

1 Like

The victim came through and posted a nice story about us <3 <3 <3

5 Likes

That’s amazing! good job

1 Like

That’s all on Chris.

Yay! We’ve recovered another one, this time a Twitter.

Long story short:

1. Guy sells his Twitter on another site (to one of our members)
  2. 2-3 months later, the guy recovers it.
  3. He lists in on SWAPD, and one of our members (the one who bought it once already) noticed it.
  4. We’ve set everything up.
  5. We’ve recovered it.

Don’t, mess, with, SWAPD.

7 Likes

Hello, everyone so I am the person who got scammed and SWAPD admins worked with me to recover the account.

The SWAPD team was really professional in dealing with me and the other guy. This is not the first time they helped me out. When they helped me out first, it was for a YouTube channel that I got scammed for that wasn’t even bought on this board but the scammer was trying to sell something on SWAPD. Unfortunately for that case, I could not recover the channel but I was helped a lot with the SWAPD team and they tried their best to get me in a better position.

This time, I saw that my property was listed on SWAPD. I immediately contacted @Alpha and @SWAPD about the situation.

I provided my purchase records including all of the conversation I had with the scammer and my BTC transaction record since I paid in BTC.

This scammer originally gave me OGE access, then he did nothing for a few months. Then it was time he wanted to get it back so he can sell it to other people.

After confirming my purchase details, @SWAPD helped me secure the account and I was able to log in again.

If you are dealing with Twitter accounts, PLEASE make sure you are buying from a trusted or reputed buyer.

In any case, do NOT buy through BTC. There may be sellers who do not want to get funds via PayPal, but PayPal G&S is really your best bet.

As a buyer I believe it is manners to pay the PayPal G&S fees on top of the agreed amount + SWAPD/escrow fees. But at least you will have the security of getting covered by PayPal for a while longer and you can open dispute with PayPal if anything should happen while you’re covered.

I have paid sellers over 16000USD in PayPal G&S (not including fees, not on this forum however) and so far none of the sellers have given me trouble. In fact, they have provided prompt customer service.

On online forums, you really have to make sure the seller or the buyer as a good record. I may not have a lot of purchase record here on SWAPD but I do have record on another forums. And I can assure you that the sellers and MMs who have done deals with me will give positive reviews of my dealings.

So it is unfortunate that there are scammers who are trying to recycle their accounts but they do exist. Even if they are “ID verified” they will still try to get your money.

I can say 100% that @SWAPD team has been great in helping a person in trouble. I appreciate their quick response and their ability to be professional in dealing with scammers like this.

Thank you so much for your help and for your support!!

6 Likes

<3 - Hopefully he doesn’t take it back again.

Read this thread and i would like to add to it, YES i admit that most of 3rd world countries people try their best to get the Easy Money and scamming is their best possible shot and i must say that it is because the guys who work on the top earning good money don’t do their part to educate and help people, to rather build than to scam. i am in Facebook pages since 2010 and tried my best to work as safe as possible but as the purges happened i would still get the kick and gets robbed by fb and i don’t blame them caz they have to Stop the abuse their service gets and its not because of pakistani people but the scamming and BAD GUYS from all over the world.
What i want to say is that , we must educate the new comers to this Online field, the top earners are charging hell lot of amount from people to get into their hood ( courses ) but i don’t blame them i am myself running a small team and training 2 to 3 persons every month ( for free ) Working with them and most importantly working on their English so even if it is bad they can understand what is infront of them and make sure they don’t get scammed.
We need to inspire and we need to educate only then we can see the best minds of my Country Pakistan, if they can scam just think what they can do if guided properly.
I am doing my part and i urge every Pakistani whatever they can must at least try to educate.
Thank you swapd for the post i hope it will encourage Pakistan Online community to do their Best and Play their part.

2 Likes

7 out of 10 people who scammed me are from Europe, USA, UK.

1 Like

but Pakistan is mentioned so we must work which will help our country.
Blaming or mentioning other countries won’t help.
Point is that we must educate and help build a community which is safe.
i hate seeing Pakistan’s name as much as you Hate it but reality is Our faults are advertised while others gets under the radar but that must not be the excuse the more it is said its better for our future as New Online worker will focus on Building rather than snatching or stealing.
There is No difference if an American is scammed or a Pakistani or Nigerian, a scam is a scam. i will once again say we need to educate people only then we can see Pakistan and Pakistanis being mentioned with glowing words and treated respectfully.

1 Like

There are many Indians also… Who scam
following are theain countries where the threat of scam is still alive

India
Nigeria
Pakistan
bangladesh

Everyone is capable of scamming, it doesn’t matter whether you’re from Pakistan, USA, or the moon. It’s all about the odds of someone scamming you. Poorer countries will naturally be high risk.

2 Likes

After reviewing this topic I can safely say that @Batman was born for this job. We may need to restructure and let him be chief of security or something.

Anyway, we’ve saved another account for a band just and hour ago. They said they will register on SWAPD to give us a well deserved thumbs up!

The people involved in this latest rescue were @Big, @Batman, and yours truly! I mean really, which scammer thinks he can crash this party? Not in our house!

9 Likes

Pakistan is getting such a bad rap, especially after Osama Bin Laden being caught there living casually in plain view.

Love this story! And this website! Is the admin the same that handles the larger transactions on Viral Accounts? I view Swapd as the small stuff, but is Viral Accounts for the big guys? I have a real blog with social accounts that makes really good money, and thought of selling. In the meantime, I spend my time looking at Swapd because its very convenient and listed publicly.

ViralAccounts is for big guys, but many big guys came here. Most, however, stayed there and are mad at me for sending all our leads to SWAPD. We do occasional sales there (just had one last night and we will launch a nice Fanpage on Monday), but other than that, it’s been pretty dead there. SWAPD is my new home now, and ViralAccounts a side gig. But i plan to revive ViralAccounts soon, it’s in the plans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, good info. I came to Swapd after first running into ViralAccounts first.

The only place I contacted was Flippa and I got a call from a guy there who said he liked what he saw. I haven’t listed anything yet.

On Swapd, i’m kinda in between. Most items seem to be on the smaller end of the scale so easier to purchase. Not big items. Most aren’t real businesses, just social accounts that have no clue how to make money yet!

1 Like

And I appreciate the Member status upgrade. Thank you.

1 Like