What Exactly Does The "Official Website of a Verified Entity" Mean For Twitter Verification Submission?

As the title suggests, what exactly is Twitter referring to when they ask about your handle appearing on the website of a “Verified Entity”?

A) Your personal website that specifically lists your Twitter handle?
B) The website of an entity that is already verified on Twitter?

• If this is the case; will simply linking an article that is published about you (which also includes your Twitter handle) from the website of a Twitter verified account be sufficient?

C) A website to an entity that is verified on another social media platform (IE Facebook verified)?

Considering I wouldn’t like to keep wasting my verification submission requests by listing my own personal website (only for it to not be eligible, since I’m not yet a verified entity on Twitter), I appreciate any and all insight on the matter.

I believe it’s A.

For example a website of a verified company, that references you and your Twitter account (ex. Netflix/Disney/Record label etc, since you’re in entertainment).

So as a musician trying to get verified, my personal website would suffice correct?

If the company behind the website is verified on Twitter, yes. But if your personal website is solely based on yourself, then no.

You can read more about the requirements for a Twitter verification badge here:

Okay, great to know. Since I’m a musician, would linking an article that comes from the official website of a magazine/newspaper company that is verified on Twitter (which explicitly includes my Twitter handle) be sufficient?

I’m not sure, but I don’t think so. That’d be considered a news reference, rather than a “website listing”.

What I mean by a website listing is sort of like this (random example):

Whereas people are listed with their image, name, title, and for your case, also having a link to their Twitter account on the website.

Thats an extremely high bar to clear for musician’s who aren’t a part of major/noteworthy independent record labels. Are there any alternative routes to this step that you can suggest for independent musicians who just have a respectable amount of organic press?

I’d suggest applying with the press that you have, rather than trying to get verified under someones label (if that’s what you’re trying to do), to be completely honest.

It looks as if I don’t have any other choice. However, if I do that, won’t the person behind the screen for verification always flag me as ineligible for not being a part of a Verified entity’s website?

If you’re an artist, being associated with a verified business isn’t a requirement. There are many independent artists who are verified on Twitter. You just have to click the right buttons during the application process, to make sure you don’t request verification on terms you don’t qualify for.

Interesting, when I went through the self submission process this past month, I clicked the “Entertainment” option which specifically includes musicians. Once I put in the maximum of 10 press article links, I was forced to provide a link to a Verified entity’s website.

Maybe it was a bug in the application process, considering the first time I submitted 2 months ago I was able to have a choice between website verification and using an image of a government issued form of ID (tried the latter, only for it to say that there was an error in reading the image, which then forced me into doing the whole website verification).

Does it not let you choose the ID option any longer?

Following the screen where you provide your press links, it did not allow me to use anything other than website verification in my most recent self submission attempt, which was about 3 weeks ago.

I guess this is just one of the many reasons why people pay a premium for portal access to get around this nonsense, lol

Sent you a PM to look further into it.

correct @Goofy