NFT market place category + discussion - Y/N?

Question for our members. Should SWAPD open an NFT-dedicated category? We were against it initially as what’s the point? NFT marketplaces have their own trading systems. However, more and more people search for NFT’s on SWAPD, so there is some interest. We also see forums popping up on the web for users to buy/sell/trade their collections. So, the question is, should we do this on SWAPD? @RandyMarsh alone makes 10K per month flipping NFT’s, are we missing out?

3 Likes

I have been notified by our main admin @Goofy that there is no way you can get cheated on NFT marketplaces, so escrow services wouldn’t be needed. However, how about a discussion place and a listing category? So people could showcase their items?

5 Likes

Discussion section sounds awesome.

discussion section but with strong moderation on shills and pumps

1 Like

I don’t make 10k per month, I made over 10k ( prob around 13-14) so far, I started 2 months ago.

You should tell that to BoogeyMan, this kid bought an nft for like $500 on a fake collection page, thinking it was the real one. Thankfuly he had me and he sold it immediately with barely losing any money.
But yea, there are scams, and a lot. they are very easy to spot, but still need to be careful

1 Like

Please give some examples, then. Because @Goofy said you cannot get scammed. Prove him wrong and make him a fool! It’s your chance.

1 Like

Great idea, definitely need to have something for NFTs here on Swapd!

If I’m understanding NFT right, I think you need blockchain technology to start an NFT marketplace

i think it would be a great place for discussion as everyone on swapd is pretty much into the social media aspect of trading.

OK. It looks like we will open a discussion section :smiley: Thank you for your input!

First of all, when you invest in a project, especially if you are minting it when it drops - you join the discord channel of that collection to be updated.

And when you do, You will probably receive a private message from a scammer claiming to be the collection’s owner with phishing links that will steal your seedphrase.

A lot of people fall for that. ( The message offers free stuff )

Also, once a new project drops and there is a lot of hype, people create a collection on opensea with the same name and picture, and then just put there nfts the same as the real one. So if people search they might go there and buy thinking its the real project’s opensea link, and it isnt. ( Boogeyman fell for that when he first started )

A lot of people fall for that as well.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t see a huge demands. I use open sea a lot and everything is automated. So no need for escrow on here. Unless someone wanted to trade for something that’s not currency (like an account)

If you’re looking to get into a NFT project and you want to start small. Do you right away buy a NFT with floor price or should you make an offer below floor price?

1 Like

We developed and launched 9 NFT drops in the past 4 months

Open a discussion category

And MAYBE, if you want, an OTC TRADES one

NFTs are big

Once this “animal avatars trend” will finally fade, people will understand the real utility and disruption capacity the NFT tech can provide in the society we are entering into

Which ones, if you don’t mind me asking?

Lol probably the biggest scam of the century.
Everyone is milking their fans etc…
But yea sure make a category since the demand is high it might draw more people to swapd.

1 Like

Didn’t people say the same when crypto came out? :smiley:

3 Likes

Apple to oranges…ive talked with quite a few of these guys behind the big nft projects and its all pump and dumps.
You get x names and y pages to hype it up then when all is sold out people are left with worthless jpgs.
Yea 1 out of 100k get lucky and sell for more lol.
Most of them have no real usage, crypto in the other hand has a clear mission and usage.

3 Likes

I’d take an Alien punk over the Mona Lisa everyday

4 Likes

Idk man maybe im old school but i dont feel right when some dumbass kid with pixel art makes more money than entrepreneurs who have invented good stuff lol.
But nah mona lisa > all

4 Likes