Starting now, we've disabled the chat feature for new members

Please make the “Buyer requests” category invisible for new or unverified users

4 Likes

Same thing happening there?

2 Likes

Yes
@SMM can confirm :laughing:

1 Like

Checking a few inboxes right now, you’re right.

UGH that’s going to hurt, that category brings in traffic. I’m not sure what to do; I need to find an alternative way.

1 Like

You know what, I found some GEO-blocking plugins for our site, we may reverse on the chat ban and just outright ban a few countries.

UPDATE:

We’re trying something new. We’ve re-enabled chat for newbies, but only for General chatrooms. However, new users cannot start 1-on-1 conversations unless they’re spoken to (via chat) first.

6 Likes

Saw it coming a few weeks ago. I wonder what the % is for registered members and non registered members browsing the forum.

Hard decisions. By blocking the entire chat, we cripple growth and hurt actual (honest) newbies. So let’s see how our recent change works.

1 Like

Good decision

3 Likes

Touché

I hate them :slightly_smiling_face:‍:arrow_up_down:

I would like to hear about @GOAT on this.

Please Goat

Chatting is a privilege and should only be available for ID-verified users. Furthermore, users should not be able to send messages to anyone or post sales threads until they’re ID-verified.

6 Likes

Good!

1 Like

thanks god

i get so much spamming i get overwhelmed

Thankyou. They have solutions for everything but they do nothing lol

Report everything you can, please. Once we isolate the individuals, we can have better solutions for blocking that group out.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes

I Had A Guy Trying To Help Me Get The Swapd VIP Badge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like