Why are there so many timewasters on here?

Example Thread: SOLD SOLD - #33 by tonyp

I am seriously sick and tired of all of the timewasters.

On the thread, all information is included (Price, Follower Count, Demographics, Niche Type, etc.)

I have received about 20+ inquiries of people asking for the username. Out of the 20 people who inquired, only one of them seemed genuinely interested.

I send them the username then they don’t reply after that. What is wrong with these people? Are they nosey? What is their issue?

I am tired of giving out the username to people who pretend to be interested by asking the username, Am I allowed to ask for proof of funds because I feel like these people are just nosey. Anyone else have issues with this? This needs to be stopped.

2 Likes

This is normal. People window shop, that’s it. This goes without saying. I sold my wife’s car last week. I had about 22 people come and visit, waste my time, telling me they’re interested, and yet they didn’t buy. It’s how selling something works.

Another reason is your accounts iffy history. 600K gain in one day? That’s supper iffy.
EDIT - Removed link. Thought this was a PM. Sorry.

Maybe that’s why.

3 Likes

Internet culture. Not exclusive to swapd

But this needs to stop, @RandyMarsh.

Yea, I get that a lot too, people asking for the handle and never respond. You should make it mandatory to purchase the Premium badge for $5 a month so they won’t annoy the sellers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

600k in one day? huh? Look at the dates. For some reason socialblade stopped reporting on it

Check here. It was a multiple month period where socialblade didn’t report. The followers are not botted

I know how it goes with people wasting time, I just wanted to rant is all lol. I’m gonna start asking people what’s wrong and why they don’t decide to purchase.

I get a lot of complains about my account not coming with OGE too, which is listed. I am willing to sign contracts as well.

My network is too large to manage this account. But, I should probably pretty it up if I want to sell it.

How do I premium or VIP? I want more badges lol.

You can get Premium by paying $5 a month, and VIP is for members that did over $5,000 in transactions

My apology, I was looking at the dates from the wrong way. But still, others might have made the same mistake as I did, maybe that’s why many of them shy away.

You don’t have an original email that’s why people are afraid of paying 7k$ for something that has no guarantee.

But yeah i can agree with you on timewasters but i guess this is how selling works!

The guarantee comes from a contract that I sign to ensure that the account won’t be pulled back. And my word as a man

your word is useless on the internet.

4 Likes

Not when I sign a contract then you can legally come after me but ok man.

Let’s say someone from Germany buys your property, but (for example), you live in Argentina. Please tell me a step by step on how the buyer would execute this contract, if something went wrong.

Do you know the staggering amount of costs of legal fees involved? Or the red tape alone? Many times you can’t even execute these contracts. Just to give you an example on how hard it is, I tried to take our local flooring company to court for a bad installation job. Our lawyers told me the court fees and lawyer fees outweigh the cost of the floor, so it’s not worth it. And we’re talking about going after a local company, for a measly 2000 USD. It was STILL a pain to do and not work it. Now imagine going after someone across the world. Unless you’re talking XXX,XXX digits, it’s simply not worth it.

3 Likes

You’re completely right about that. But, fortunately, I’m a man of my word. Whole IG community wouldn’t deal with me or my accounts. I have a friend who’s a hacker/scammer and anytime his name is mentioned, people say: “oh i ■■■■■■■ hate that kid”. I’m here to build a reputation and keep selling accounts. I know that there are some rich folk here who do pay big money for accounts and even have a lawyer working for them, so fee’s would be nothing. I guess all I can offer is my word, but I’m a man of my word. I’ve proven my ID, and willing to sign any type of contract… Also, for international costs, it would just be local lawyer fees. I WOULD have to fly out to their court room. I’d lose money. It’s not worth it for me to scam because I ruin my reputation, I bring myself down by scamming somebdoy, then I lose my income. It’s not wise to scam in a community so large. There’s tens of thousands of accounts with over 100k followers. Word spreads.

Also, sorry to hear you got fucked by a carpeting company. You ever talk to the owner face-to-face about your issue? I’m sure he’d fix it. If he doesnt, hire a new one or DIY any fuckups. Legal battles aren’t worth that. You could ruin that guy’s reputation.

Tell me about it, people messaging about handles that they themselves can’t afford then proceed to say that they have to ask their “partner” who apparently doesn’t reply within a week. Or when people message asking for the price when it’s explicitly stated on the thread.

1 Like

Timewasters are everywhere unfortunately

I’ve noticed it more recently, but it’s just part of the game unfortunately! A lot of people just curious to see the pages etc

1 Like

You think I’ve went directly to lawyers without trying to settle with the company first? It took months of talks that led to no where. Only then we tried to go via lawyers. You wouldn’t even have a case going directly to court if you didn’t try to settle with them first.