Announcement: Significant Changes Coming to SWAPD - Here’s What You Need to Know

Hello, SWAPD’sters!

In our continuous pursuit to better serve our community and enhance your experience on our platform, we’re introducing several important changes in the coming days and weeks. We believe these enhancements will provide greater security, compliance, and efficiency for all our members.

1. Changes in Operational Structure:

The parent company, SKYNET, under which SWAPD has been operating, will cease to exist soon. We’re transitioning to a Sp. z o. o. (the Polish equivalent of an LLC). This shift ensures that, in the event of unforeseen circumstances impacting site ownership, all your deposits will be protected and refunded.

2. Transition to Third-Party Processors:

We’re discontinuing traditional bank wires permanently, switching to third-party processors like Wise, Mercury, Brix, etc. While these processors come with their unique challenges, they are cheaper, faster, and crucially, they enable us to stay legally compliant.

3. Introduction of Credit Cards:

Credit cards will soon be an option but will be restricted to high-tier members and limited to low amounts to maintain the integrity and security of transactions.

4. Consideration of Cryptocurrency Changes:

We’re in discussions about potentially adopting USDC as our standard and discontinuing the use of USDT (both ERC and TRC). This change is being considered to ensure the stability and security of your transactions.

5. Potential Introduction of Skrill & Payoneer:

We’re exploring the addition of Skrill & Payoneer as payment options, although their longevity on our platform remains uncertain pending their terms of operation.

6. Adjustment in Fees:

For the first time, we will be implementing a raise in fees, specifically on FIAT payments. Our struggle with compliance and the immense challenges our team faces when dealing with financial companies has led to this decision. Crypto transaction fees will remain unchanged. If we continue to face significant hardships in 2024, there’s a possibility of transitioning SWAPD to a crypto-only platform to alleviate these challenges.

We will provide more details on the new fee structure once they are finalized.

Conclusion:

These changes, although significant, are being made with the future stability and growth of SWAPD in mind. Our commitment to maintaining a secure, compliant, and user-friendly platform remains stronger than ever, and we believe these updates will significantly contribute to this vision.

We understand that changes can bring about uncertainties and concerns, so we are here to address any questions or clarifications you may need. Please feel free to discuss and share your thoughts and feedback on these upcoming changes.

Thank you for your continuous support and understanding.

31 Likes

Too long, didn’t read version:

1. LLC will protect your money if I die
  2. We’re politely forcing you to use more crypto by raising fees on FIAT payments
  3. We have to comply with laws and regulations, these changes aren’t something we came up with because we’re bored.
12 Likes

I love the changing, ILOVESWAPD. :heart:

Best update in the world!!

2 Likes

2nd best update!

Waiting for an update! :star_struck:

Wise & Payonnar Update Was Great :fire:

1 Like

I think you should keep USDT (TRC20).

6 Likes

Any additional info you can share on the limits here?

Sounds great overall.

Have you considered adding a “Swapd Wallet” feature for users to deposit funds for easier/faster transactions between each other? Maybe it’s too complex and/or not needed, but something to consider

4 Likes

BEP20 might be nice, it has lower fees than TRC20

1 Like

Matrix is coming for you

3 Likes

Please keep USDT

5 Likes

I agree pls keep USDT…:

5 Likes

Sounds good.

me too :cry:

2 Likes

Swapd wallet would be great. No wait with tickets

5 Likes

Wise sucks btw, worst then paypal

2 Likes

I don’t think this is something they can do due to regulatory issue.

They might need a license for it. I don’t know exactly what license is that but I came across this idea few years back and thought of pitching it to them.

Did a quick google search and came across an article which mentioned this.

Maybe @SWAPD can share few cents on this.

1 Like

i agree with @iconovi you should start accepting cash payments

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

1 Like

You said credit cards will be limited to small amounts. What is that amount?

1 Like