Batman needs your help

Hi All,

I know what you are thinking… Batman… needs help? how can that be? well unfortunately over the last 3 years he has been fighting with his arch nemesis Google and its at the point now where we dont know what else to do.

You may not know this but i actually do have a proper job outside of swapd and one that involves running some fairly well known websites. However about 3 years ago one of our biggest sites got hit by an algorithm change and no matter how much we have invested and made the site better we continued and continue to be hit by every update.

We are now at the point of really not knowing what else we can do so im calling on you, the swapd community, to see if you could help us out.

Details of what has happened and what we have done can be read about here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/86806620?hl=en

if i can ask anyone who has a google account to upvote the post but also to retweet the following:

https://twitter.com/LooneyEamon/status/1334832770825285633

and at in any of the google guys

it would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say that the last few years has almost crippled our business and we’ve had to make a load of redundancies… I’m hoping that with your help someone over there will take a look at the site and realize that something isn’t quite right.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks All.

4 Likes

Damn, I’ve seen smaller publishers really hurting after the core update but did not realize it would be able to hurt such a large authority site.

Out of curiosity, were backlinks ever purchased before or after the update?

Also just a note, a change like this may correct other issues but it would result in traffic loss rather than gain,

1 Like

@MisterNiche No links have ever been purchased for the site… we had a tonne of dodgy ones appear as part of a negative seo attack… and I mean a tonne … in the millions.

The consolidation of content mainly got rid of old content or content no longer relevant… eg an article about a deal that was no longer valid. All this content has been properly cleaned up and redirected to appropriate content.