CoinBase.com review. Is it really that bad? We will no longer recommend CoinBase

We’ve been recommending that company because… well… to be honest, we don’t even know why. Probably because everywhere we’ve looked people have been talking about them and the ease of buying BTC. But, is it really that easy? The more we hear from our clients, the more we’re sure that CoinBase is a company you may want to avoid.

Your money is on HOLD!

Just deposit your money and exchange it into BTC. Easy, right? But what you’re not clearly being warned about when buying BTC via CoinBase is that the cryptocurrency may not be available to you right away. Don’t get me wrong, the money will be deducted from your bank account ASAP, CoinBase is good in that category. But, once it reaches your CoinBase account, it may be frozen for a few days. Usually, people wait around 5 days. OK, that’s bearable. But wait, how about 16 days? Yes, we’ve had clients who had to wait 16 days (for whatever reason). The kicker is, when our client called the company to speed things up, CoinBase added an extra 14 days to the clock. So, instead of trying to work things out, they just added two additional weeks.

Your money may/will be frozen on CoinBase

5 day, 14 day, and 30 day holds. We’ve seen this happen personally. This is quite a bummer when you have a transaction waiting. After digging around further, I found that CoinBase has terrible reviews all around the web. On Trustpilot, they’ve scored 1 star, out of 1400 reviews.

Just Googling around I see horror stories all over the web. I feel stupid for recommending this company to our clients, and for that, I apologize.

We need alternatives

Part of the reason why I’ve started this topic is to spark up a discussion. We need alternatives for people who need to purchase BTC asap, with the least amount of hold days and a maximum amount of trust. What is your go-to BTC place? I need help in finding the right platform, as we personally never needed to use the mainstream platforms to buy BTC (we just get it from other members)

2 Likes

They are not available in my country, so yea, I agree with you, ■■■■ em

Thanks for this post @SWAPD. I am looking for an alternative myself. Localbitcoins is cheap and transactions are handled by Escrow but there is not wallet and if the site goes down, your btc is gone. And buying there and transferring to a secure wallet takes fees that I don’t like.

I will be watching this thread to see what people here prefer. Also, if any Indian is here please recommend any local BTC platoform? Thanks

I exchange Any type Currency! Also BTC.
If need just PM ME :heart:

I can Able to Sell 100$ - 100000$ BTC :heart:

Personally, I use Jaxx Liberty to hold my funds. Easy access, seems secure, and I’ve been using it for nearly 2 years with no major issues. I’ve had a few scares (I think 2) where the money in my wallet sort of just disappeared on the PC app, but it was perfectly fine on my mobile app. I believe something wasn’t linked up correctly on their end. Rather than contacting support I just waited it out a few days (as it was fine on mobile) and it fixed itself within the week.

As for buying and selling BTC, I’m really not sure. I’ve only ever used coinbase (didn’t have any issues back then) and binance (which looks shady) when it comes to buying and selling, and I haven’t done so in a while. I was thinking of trying out gemini, but I’m interested in what people might have to recommend.

Has anyone tried Abra or Robinhood?

Never heard of either of those. I thought Robinhood was for trading stocks?

Robinhood started allowing crypto last year. Haven’t tried it though

1 Like

I have heard that displayed-below platform is going on so good but never used it myself. Do some more research before buying/selling.

2 Likes

So I’ve bought cryptocurrencies on various sites and the only problem I have with Coinbase is that they charge high fees for each purchase. They do allow you to get the coins immediately in your account for trading as long as you use your DEBIT card to make sure the purchase. If you use credit card, then they will hold your funds for a period of time.

I also like Robinhood. You can transfer funds from your bank account immediately to Robinhood and can buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, ETH and a few other coins immediately.

1 Like

this is the original exchange :smiley:

I use the app MyCelium (Android only) to buy/sell BTC locally in my area. The app will act as middleman (no fees) and will facilitate the process with ease. You can chat with buyer/seller within the app as well.

Also check out Uphold to buy BTC. It’s pretty quick and easy from my experience.