Extreme Changes In SWAPD Refund Policies

Will credit cards only be accepted for Diamond members? I can’t imagine you’ll allow this for everyone, as there is way to much risk of fraud & chargebacks.

Yeah, the buyer pays after the service has been delivered.

1 Like

It would be beneficial to include a ratio in the seller’s profile showing delivered and non-delivered tickets. Enhance the buyer’s perception before making a purchase.

8 Likes

I dunno I hate using crypto as a new member and a buyer I pay like $60 in fees on a 100-200 transaction

isnt this making it more complicated for swap admins to manage this site?

Great Change.

All businesses run on trust and this will lead to a few things that used to happen less:

1. More cry baby threads about the payment not made from buyer’s end for xyz reason
  2. More negative reviews in case sellers commit 100 per cent guarantee, take prepayment and fail to deliver.

It’s hard to implement something like this but we will consider it. For now, I was thinking, if sellers keep vouching 100% success and don’t deliver, then we just start bumping them down in user class.

5 Likes

This may reduce the amount of successful transactions on this site. This definitely will affect SWAPD’s prepayment policy significantly.
What measures are you putting in place to protect sellers from buyers who ‘vanish’ after a successful no-prepayment ticket?

1 Like

Hm. I know this may be too much work but what about adding option for sellers to pay refunds later?

So, they deposit like 50$ and if they want buyers to buy without being scared, they can later refund them of their good will.

I think many new buyers may be scared to buy if they know they can lose money, but to be fair it works like that on Telegram for example and people still buy things.

The solution is to stop selling services that aren’t 100% guaranteed. This will both save the buyer and seller all this stress. This is what i have done a while ago. I stopped providing services that aren’t 100% guaranteed and only focus on only my services that are 100% guaranteed.

1 Like

As a buyer, this is an awful change unless prepayments policy will be changed here. I have had tickets cancelled because seller failed to deliver, i have been frustrated about it and felt i have wasted time and energy, now buyers also have to lose money over that. I understand system consideration but I must say it will change my prepayment strategy. Sellers will most likely require more prepayment even if they cant deliver for sure because only thing they have to lose is feedback.

2 Likes

Not a fan of this change at all, no other escrow sites punish the buyer for a seller failing to make the deal.

Upwork, fiverr etc.

I’ve had a few failed tickets, and as other mentioned it’s not just time you’ve wasted but now we as the buyers will be punished it’s a poor show.

People don’t want to leave feedback for sellers as revenge reputation happens (as it did with my case)

4 Likes

You’re wrong :slight_smile:

In most cases, we’re talking a few dollars per transaction. Yes, it’s a punish, but not as dramatic as you make it seem. For larger deals, we suggest firmly sealing a deal with the seller, or go no pre-payment. Or, bother the seller for direct compensation if you’re unhappy.

We will start downgrading sellers now who claim 100% and don’t deliver, so sellers need to step it up.

These changes will stay, no matter how unpopular. Sorry.

1 Like

Or, I have another idea.

1. If the service is 100%
  2. And the seller fails to deliver
  3. We close his sales thread until he refunds the fee directly to the buyer
5 Likes

I actually like that idea. If the buyer wishes to dispute the fee, we just place the sellers account on hold until it’s resolved.

2 Likes

Embedding a system where the sellers opt-in to bear the fees in case of failure and not paying the buyer leads to sales thread closure

No, it’s careless sellers who must do their work and not rely on Hail Mary’s services. Deliver or get shut down (unless you compensate the buyer).

It’s careless but it’s been happening for years now, and sellers don’t care much about failed tickets as the current system doesn’t punish for it (and even less so now)

1 Like

Sometimes tickets do fail just out of bad luck tho

1 Like