Extreme Changes In SWAPD Refund Policies

In that case, there is hope for this (yes I agree, its a ■■■■ policy) move. Because now, staff will actually track these things and demote sellers, perhaps we can take it a bit further and implement some crude tracking system (like the re-introduction of our neg-transaction badge).

I agree, I just worry about the legitimacy of it, IE let’s take goat for instance, if he failed 10 tickets this month, you aren’t going to want to say, okay goat cya in a bit you’re costing our buyers lots of money - Because he’s done so great for swapd in general.

I feel without being able to punish sellers for failed transactions you won’t want to punish them with badges etc, as that’s a pretty direct process and can cause backlash, where as the seller failed fee is just a process.

@holma - We aren’t talking about one or two failed, I’m talking about more of a trend

1 Like

I will absolutely do that, not even joking. This will weed out time wasters, save staff time, and save our accounting time; I see nothing but upsides.

In general, the positive aspects (credit cards/Apple/Gpay) outweigh a few scorned buyers (in my opinion). Most transactions on SWAPD go through successfully, and until we can figure out a better way, we will just have to do our best to have sellers refund buyers their 10 USD.

I think that’s fair, I’ll hold you to it.

1 Like

I, for one, am tired of sellers who can’t deliver. Many sellers upsell something from outside, without even checking if things work. Or, they will learn a new method and rush to create “I am an expert on THIS subject, buy my services.” This testing on buyers needs to stop. Perhaps a little pressure of being demoted will clean up the scene.

4 Likes

Everyone stop complaining.

Here’s what you can do as a buyer:
Negotiate no pre-payment. If seller doesn’t agree, pre pay with the condition the seller covers any failed transaction fee. If they don’t agree to that, find someone else or do it yourself. Swapd isn’t here to solve 100% of your life’s problems.

Here’s what you can do as a seller
Require no pre-payment from trusted members. For non-trusted members, require pre-payment. If they want you to cover the failed transaction fee, either do it and everything is fine or don’t do it and risk losing the sale.

It’s really not that big of a deal. This will make the marketplace stronger and likely weed out some time wasters.

1 Like

Additional Thoughts

Sellers will also be encouraged to be upfront with buyers about the possible refund fee problem and the success rate of their services. Many buyers WILL understand. Remember, we’re not Flippa or Escrow, and they have deals with large payment processors. What we sell is frowned upon by most of the world, so we need to adjust to having things done differently.

@GOAT you nailed it. Also, the amount of people asking (again) for bank wires and credit cards is staggering. We’re pushing devs as hard as we can to finish up, because with crypto rising, and our traffic going up, we can see nothing but good things ahead.

2 Likes

Been exploring this platform over the past few days for assessment.
Discovered valuable for some digital products niche.
This week, I will verify the ID in order to begin trading.

Here are a few insights I’d like to share as a newcomer, expressing my perspective.

As a buyer
Some products present challenges when it comes to evaluate their quality.
While I can review the seller’s level, some provide information on sales volume, and feedback as a seller, this information is not specific to a particular product.
It would be good to have public feedbacks received to certain product.

As a seller
While you may have users at different levels and restricted posts in mentorships demanding vip level, sales posts should be limited to ID verified users. For instance, swapping usernames on a certain social media platform typically ranges from $400 to $900 on Swapd. If a new user registers and posts a sale for that service at $50 without knowing anything about swapping, it is not price competition. It creates unwanted noise and confusion.

Practical example
How can you distinguish a reliable member who can be trusted to deliver the source code without pre-payment from one who is not trustworthy, when selling your platform for $25,000?

1 Like

Rightly pointed out. There have been lots of chargeback scams through illegal credit cards. Need to know if any thoughts on this.

1 Like

I wouldn’t give any source code or IP to a buyer who doesn’t pre-pay. I can obviously 100% deliver because I own the platform, so if someones not willing to pre-pay, they can go walk into oncoming traffic

I feel the rating system
Is perfect success ratio to be mentioned that what is the percentage of success delivered on average

1 Like

Bro just go register a dubai llc ffs

No. I will support my awesome country. These colors don’t run.
Also, UAE is on the world financial shitlist since March 2023, if you didn’t notice. Sending FIAT to/from that country is now problematic. So, stfu.

1 Like

You are the only saying that, meanwhile tech/crypto bros running wild there without any issue.
Get a freezone llc and your problems go away :slight_smile:

I am not a techno/crypto bro but I can tell you every incoming/outgoing wire made to/from SWAPD to UAE experiences problems.

You have your bros, and I have only this (facts):
https://www.esma.europa.eu/press-news/esma-news/inclusion-united-arab-emirates-aml-blacklist-requires-esma-withdraw

However, they’re saying UAE will be soon cleared of that.

Again, you’re speaking out of your ass. Our biggest problems are Money Transmitter Laws. Oh look, they also apply in the UAE:

UAE needs to comply with westen laws if they wish to do business there. The only good thing about UAE are taxes, that’s it. And this is not what this topic is about.

I have extensively researched this. The only safe haven for escrow sites (that don’t wish to obtain the impossible MT license) is a few selected Asian countries. That’s why all the big players have HQ there. Y’all need to stop praising UAE like it’s some Godsend off a country.

1 Like

But doesn’t paying with CC/Apple Pay/GPay require you to get money in FIAT currency? Because if yes, then that won’t make sense for most sellers to use anyway as most prefer crypto I guess.

If not, and you can get crypto payout still, then that’s great addition :wink: