Facebook Purge - October 2019 - Are pages getting deleted?

Amaury - were you creating original quote cards? Or doing a copy-and-paste of existing material?

@ThugLife

I guess it’s a bad time now to buy/sell pages. Sorry about your lost pages, guys. But this is the life we chose!

8 Likes

One of our pages with very little activity just got unpublished. I noticed the zero reach issue started a few months ago after we shared a video. Since then the page has had multiple episodes of shadow bans and finally we got the restricted message last week.

Facebook didn’t wait for the 1 week period to be up before unpublishing the page. I have appealed but don’t expect much. Has anyone successfully got their page back after appealing?

1 Like

Hi @SiteRanked, it is still too early to say but the way things are going with Facebook, we will soon be forced to take OG mails into consideration just as a safety factor. Problem is, unlike Instagram, those are usually active personal accounts and often attached to multiple pages. One thing is for sure, we need to be extra careful when buying pages these days and take lots of things into consideration, from previous Admin behavior in FB, to how many times has it been sold previously, to original content or copycat’s (which FB is considering spam at the moment), page strikes, limits paced/removed to country of originality and so on.

2 Likes

Hi @htowne, I was doing copy and paste of existing material and few days before the lock I had started creating my own, also cross-posting original content from my smaller page to the big one. None of which where considering violations to any FB rules at the moment.

One thing I do know for sure from my personal experience, FB is targeting non-original contents marked as SPAM now like memes/quotes and those who’s content is not relevant to the audience of the page (like when you buy a page and start trying to switch niches) as the original audience was grown and is interested by the original niche, also cross-posting/sharing stuff seems to trigger alerts now days.

Something extra to watch for as few pages I bought in the past that got unpublished had purchase-related comments in the reviews/post comments (Things like “I think this page was SOLD”, or “This guy left and SOLD the page”) that I eventually noticed too late.

3 Likes

We had two pages that got deleted just now during live tickets. My suggestion is, DON’T buy any Fanpages for now.

5 Likes

Two other pages got unpublished today

It’s a blood bath :frowning:

6 Likes

Pages get unpublished when you do S4S. There is a new thing now where if you have too many original name celebrity pages and you do too many ‘spam’ posts, aka s4s, you are made moderator on all your pages and all celebrity pages with original names are simply unpublished with no option to appeal. Been through that recently… It sucks but if you do not do S4S, the chance of going through that is pretty slim. For original name is counted the real name of the celebrity or the name and a symbol. If its ‘Celebrity name’ + fans its ok or if its a character its ok as well. I do not know what’s the situation with paid links, since I have never tried it, unfortunately.

1 Like

If possible don’t make any changes on your page role
If you will remove any admin you will get logout and then it will ask to change password with few steps and once you get in account the page on which you changed admin role will be unpublished

One of my fasted growing page got unpublished today
It was under reach ban, yesterday it was lift and after that I have not posted anything on that page , that page have only one original video and quotes, today that page is unpublished

So don’t know what’s going on

1 Like

Really unfortunate for all the sellers who have put so much time into their pages. Although I do not deal in FB Pages/Groups but I can feel the frustration and emotional trauma one goes through after facing such Things.

Same thing happened last year during Christmas with Instagram Accounts getting purged left and right. People lost Usernames worth $100k+.

Just stay low and once everything settles at FB Headquarters try to contact their support through Media Portals and see if they come back. That’s the only option left anyhow.

As @SWAPD mentioned , Do not get involved in buying/selling FB properties at this point of time.

2 Likes

it’s true, i lost 14M + page along with owner account. :pensive:

@flywithoutacape

A little confused by this, hoping I don’t ever experience this. I have two pages, both adbreaks enabled, i crosspost videos regularly and from time to time share videos directly from one onto another. Can someone confirm if this is allowed or frowned upon by facebook?

Shares are frowned upon by Facebook they want crosspost only I guess.

2 Likes

Does this apply to link posts too? I have a page that represents a website. Our authors have their own individual pages too, so we often post the same article across multiple pages.

Do we have any idea how many pages have been unpublished so far?

One of my close associates got their pages republished today. (5 pages)

Thought I’d let you guys know.

4 Likes

Did he tell you what he had to do to get them republished? Please share if so. Thanks!