Facebook Purge - October 2019 - Are pages getting deleted?

Sorry for the vague post in this category where vague posts aren’t allowed, but I believe the matter is worthy of everyone seeing it. We’re getting reports here and there of a Facebook purge that started 2-3 days ago. Someone mentioned to me that they’re targeting Fanpages that are owned by people from India, Pakistan, Egypt, Albania, and a few other countries.

We need confirmations from our members. Have you lost any pages? If so, how many and what country are you from?

7 Likes

There’s definitely a purge going on.

Here’s what I’ve gathered about it:

If you have a restriction placed on your page where you get 0 reach and this:

Your page is going to get unpublished as soon as the limit expires, technically it’s supposed to restore the page reach when the limit is expired but people are losing their pages as soon as the limit expires.

I had a friend of mine unpublish his page which had this limit, to try and avoid the ban, but here’s what happened even though he unpublished the page before the limit expired:

And this page had a constant flow of ad spend on Facebook, we’re talking about over $10k a month on ads. Never had a single copyright take down or any violations in the page quality tab. Proving the fact that spending for ads on your page would save it from a purge is a myth.

I’ve also had a couple of people tell me that it has happened because there were editors and admins on these pages who’s profiles were flagged, but I don’t think in this case it was the prior history of admins and editors. The guy had his retired father as the other admin and would have to go check his father’s notifications to see if he was secretly spamming. :smiley:

4 Likes

Facebook sucks donkey deek.

1 Like

The best in the game. :albania:

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s just those countries.

There was a guy selling shares on a 4 million plus size page for $60 and it appears his was just deleted. He lives in Texas.

I also noticed broken links for other pages on here, too.

1 Like

Ok. That explains it then. Maybe people are just changing their URL’s cause i noticed it a few other times, too.

1 Like

It might be best to take down the link to his profile, though. Since this is public. :wink:

1 Like

this happens only when you share ad break videos from one page to another and the ad break video pages will lost Monetization

@neat The page owner never signed up for adbreaks.

Got two of my pages unpublished, both premium, quotes related, no strikes on any of the two, all green. 73k and 1k. I had spent on boosting ads for both. Funny thing is it happened instantly as I shared one post to the other (non ad-breaks related, just a picture) I’m in the Caribbean though.

2 Likes

because it happens with one of my pages and i talk with facebook support and explain everything to me , well facebook gonging crazy nowadays expect the unexpected :smiley:

1 Like

Im having the your posts not showing up on news feed but im assuming thats just the error of 0 reach ive been getting on pages for months. The annoying thing is says it lasts a week then when the week is up it just refreshes and says wait another week. I just think fb is trying to get rid of the fat and just keep the good stuff

Can confirm this purge 100% going on in the above mentioned countries.

@Boogeyman is exactly right, that’s what happened to the hundreds of pages that i know.

a new purge has started also IDs are getting disabled

2 Likes

Suffering from the same thing over 6 months already
Some other pages got the limit bar on top lately. As soon as the limit is off , page gets another one for another 1 month

2 Likes

Got one unpublished
I know few from USA who also lost their pages in last few days

All pages have this notification

One unpublished and one deleted.

Mine one page unpublished

crazy, sorry to the guys who lost pages

2 Likes

I just started a purchase ticket for a FB page and just received the “limits have been placed on” message as well a few hours after the Seller made me and the Swapd staff admins. Do you think FB pages are going to have to start being sold with original emails and accounts attached? Crazy stuff. Please keep us posted on how your appeal turns out.