Finally ! A Great Facebook Pages Update

Hi guys,

As always I try to bring you useful information that could be handy and help you grow your social media accounts.

Today I’m going to tell you about a new Facebook Update for Pages in case you don’t already know and if you do already know I’ll point out some useful tips and tricks to use this New Update for your advantage.

As you all know a while ago facebook rolled out Stories for pages but they did not work on updating it unlike Instagram stories.

In Instagream stories you can add a custom link to your story and your followers can swipe up and go to that custom link and you can see how many of your followers have interacted with that story.

But Instagram is still a limited platform for stories in my opinion.

If you have been using the stories on your facebook page you might have noticed that recently you were able to add a “Call to action” button such as ‘Learn More’ ‘Get Directions’ and so on and that they have improved the reach of the stories the amount of page fans the story is delivered to.

Even though those buttons we good but were still not good enough lets take the ‘Learn More’ button for example when you added it to your story it only takes the user to the website that is added in the page description.

Another thing is when you wanted to see the story statistics all it showed you was ‘Forward taps’ ‘Backward taps’ ‘Forward swiped’ ‘Exits’ and ‘Unique accounts’ reached.

But now with the new update on Facebook Page Stories things have changed BIG TIME will start of with the statistics.

When you post a story on your Facebook Page and you come to see the story statistics you will now be able to see all the old stuff that was ‘Forward taps’ ‘Backward taps’ ‘Forward swiped’ ‘Exits’ and ‘Unique accounts’ reached + Actions taken on your story
Such as: Reactions, Shares, Replies, Page name taps, and this is the big one Swipe-up actions for me this is a really important.

Why do you ask well let me tell you another updated they have added remember the “Call to action” button that I was talking about earlier well now you can add them or add a Custom Link yes a Custom Link like on Instagram.

You might say well you can already do that if you have your Instagram linked to your Facebook Page.

I know you can but let me further explain.

By being able to add a Custom Link to your Facebook Page Story + having Statistics on knowing how many of your page fans have swiped up the possibilities are endless and the revenue is endless as well for big pages.

Let me tell you just a couple of things you can do with this new option.

You can add a link to your YouTube Channel and when the user swipes up if the application is installed on their phone it will open up the app to your Channel.

You can add a link to your YouTube Video and when the user swipes up if the application is installed on their phone it will open up your video.

You can add a link to your Instagram account and when the user swipes up if the application is installed on their phone it will open up your account.

You can add a link to a picture post on your Facebook Page and when the user swipes up it will take them to that post.

You can add a link to a video post on your Facebook Page and when the user swipes up it will take them to Facebook Watch to see that video.

You can add a link to another page and give a shoutout to that page and when the user swipes up it will take them to that page.

You can add a link to a Whatsapp Group and when the user swipes up if the application is installed on their phone it will open Whatsapp and add them to that group.

You can add a link to an article for monetized website.

For people who sell shares on their pages you can sell the same shares but via Page Story.

So many ideas you can do with this just be creative.

So how is this done:

Important Notice: This can only be done via the Facebook Mobile App and NOT the Facebook Pages App

Step 1: Go to your Facebook Page and on the Page Profile Photo you will see a blue plus button click it

Step 2: After that a pop up menu will appear you will see the option of “Create Story” click it

Step 3: Select a photo from your mobile to use.

Step 4: On the top right hand corner you will see a Link icon click it

Step 5: Another pop up menu will open with the standard Call to action buttons and above that you will see the option of adding a Custom Link

Add the link that you need and click done that’s it post it to your Facebook Page Story.

I hope this little bit of information has/will help you let me know what you think in the comments and your experience and if you have any other creative ideas for this update.

If you need any help with anything feel free to contact me.

Thanks for reading and Thanks to Swapd as well for creating such a great website and community :sunglasses:

21 Likes

What a good information, thanks a lot

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing! Very useful info.

1 Like

Top effort on putting all this down.

1 Like

We have to start rewarding users for this. Not sure how yet, but we do.

2 Likes

Thank you for the post @relgohary :slight_smile: Great info.

1 Like

Great post, thanks for the detailed info!!!
Any clue to what’s going on with FB reach?

3 Likes

@markbmedia ’m writing a post on this topic soon but just doing some final testing on some methods and tips and tricks :wink: stay tuned:)

1 Like

This a game changer for me. Thank you for this great post!

1 Like

410k views on a story!? Thats insane! I can’t imagine how active your page must be to have this much engagement.

1 Like

Content content content that’s the key you could have a 10M page with great active users but if you post the wrong content they will never engage with what you post :+1:t2:

This came 2 weeks back itself…

1 Like

For some reason I don’t see the option to add a story from my iPhone FB app. Any ideas?

1 Like

@markbmedia updated the app
Pages with as little as a 100 fans have the option so has nothing to do with the size of the page I recommend updating let me know

It doesn’t have the option for me either to be honest… and I updated the app…

1 Like

I’ve tested on a new page of 200 likes.
I couldn’t select any Call to Action button and it asked me to add a website to my page.
I added a website.
I tried again, I was able to select a Call to Action button, but I was not offered the option to set a custom link, so I guess the user will end on my website’s homepage.

Tried on a Samsung Note 8.

1 Like

Me too bro! There is no option for custom link

1 Like

Could this be geo-location dependent? FB is known to roll out things slowly, country by country.

1 Like

I’ve asked my contact at Facebook about this this morning and will let you know as some of our pages have the same issue

1 Like

I can confirm this that on my page is working

2 Likes