How To Prevent False Instagram Copyright Bans (Popular New Method People Are Banning With)

Hello, I have found that many people are dealing with this (including myself) where users are being mass reported for copyright on Instagram/Facebook for content that they own. I have luckily found the only prevention to this which took about 4 hours of time researching/doing/speaking with a copyright lawyer. I asked numerous people on site and got insane quotes to fix/prevent so I thought I would give everyone the free tutorial of how to protect yourself from this happening as well as rebuttal it if it happens to you:

How To Rebuttal False Instagram Copyright Claims

Step 1:

Create a https://rightsmanager.fb.com account where you can upload all of your content to.

Step 2:

Once you have been approved for the rights manager, you will get an email like below.

Step 3:

On your Facebook profile you will want to go to manage “Manage Page”, from there click “Meta Business Suite”.

Step 4:

Once you are in the business suite you will click “Rights Manager”.

Step 5:

Once you are in “Rights Manager”, you will want to select “Reference Library” (this is where all your content that you own copyright to goes), from there you will select “Add files”, it is best/safest if you post on your profile on Facebook first and then add from published videos, but if not you can click “Add new videos”. You will want to upload all the content that was striked from your profile here first so that the conflict notification shows up.

Step 6:

Once you see the conflict notification (saying someone else owns copyright of this content), you will click on “Action items”

Step 7:

From here you can dispute the claim on that piece of content by clicking “Confirm my ownership” and writing a dispute.

Helpful info:

The best evidence that you can provide to prove ownership is:

• Proof that you posted the content on an account that is owned by you before they claimed copyright of it
  • Registering your content with eservice.eco.loc.gov (US Copyright Office) and uploading your case #’s for content you uploaded to the claim
  • Submitting a selfie with your ID + social media @’s on a piece of paper
  • Submitting proof of when you made the content in your camera roll / drafts.

Message I used to successfully win:

Dear [Recipient’s Name],

I am writing to address your recent claim of ownership over [describe the content in question, e.g., “the article/video/photograph titled [Title]”]. It has come to my attention that you are asserting rights to content that I unequivocally own and have created.

I want to make it explicitly clear that I am the rightful owner of the aforementioned content, and it is protected under applicable copyright laws. [Briefly describe evidence supporting your ownership, such as timestamps, publication history, or copyright registration.]

Your claim of ownership is not only erroneous but also constitutes copyright infringement. Unauthorized use or misrepresentation of my intellectual property rights is a serious matter that I take very seriously.

I demand that you retract your claim of ownership immediately and cease any further dissemination or use of the content in question. Failure to do so will leave me with no choice but to pursue legal action to protect my rights.

Please be advised that I am prepared to take all necessary steps to enforce my ownership and seek appropriate remedies for any damages incurred as a result of your infringement.

I urge you to rectify this matter swiftly and amicably to avoid any escalation. If you have any questions or require further clarification regarding my ownership of the content, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

How To Prevent:

In the future the best way to prevent this from ever happening again is to post any new content on your Facebook first, claim ownership of the content within your rights manager, and then post the content on your Instagram/other accounts so that no one can ever claim that they own ownership over you. This can be a pain in the ass, but I know @abstract offers this as a service if anyone wants it done for them by someone smooth/professional.

9 Likes

Thank you for putting this together

1 Like

Well put together!

W Carter

Jamison the man

If anyone needs help with this let me know :muscle:t2: you can also appeal the strike here: https://help.instagram.com/1417735471763678/?helpref=search&query=appeal%20copyright%20striked%20content&search_session_id=ff153800a85ea430baec5a6517bdb4bf&sr=0