How to transfer Fanpages and AdBreaks the "legal" way, or should I say, in compliance with Facebook's Terms of Service

Many unaware people will tell you that buying/selling Facebook pages is “illegal” because it violates their Terms of Service. I don’t want to get into the legal aspect of things as I am not a lawyer myself, but I am fairly sure there is no penal code in the world that forbids the buying/selling of Fanpages. On top of that, there were many high-level court cases where judges ruled that breaking Terms of Service is not illegal in any way, and that the rules stated in them are non-binding, unless they’re breaking obvious laws. However, if you still feel uncomfortable purchasing and transferring a Fanpage, you don’t have to worry. You can fully transfer the ownership of a Fanpage and full AdBreak rights by requesting permission from Facebook.

Just last year Facebook had a specific clause in their terms that stated “you cannot transfer/purchase or sell any of our products, including accounts, pages, apps, without our written consent.” Since a few months ago, their terms were updated and simplified, I no longer can find that particular statement. But, Facebook still allows official transfers, all you have to do is fill out This Form.pdf (88.8 KB) and send it to Facebook.

Many of you already know this, but at the same time, many don’t. This usually only applies to high-end transactions where bigger payments are involved. Transfers conducted this way aren’t too common on SWAPD, but they do happen, and we’ve never been denied by Facebook via this method.

12 Likes

I was unaware that FB actually allows the transfer of ownership of a FanPage through them.

Thanks for sharing !!!

1 Like

Wow, totally unaware but where & whom to send the form ?

1 Like

We usually go through here: Log into Facebook
and reach ad support. Don’t mention that you’ve purchased it though, not sure how that would fly by them. Just say that whoever you’re transferring from (or to) is your business partner and you wish to transfer the page and AdBreaks in their entirety.

2 Likes

So this means selling/buying isn’t against rules, We can do that ?

I wouldn’t recommend saying that you bought/sold anything, I think the form is reserved for business to business related things. Transfers are OK with Facebook’s written permission, but I am fairly sure they would deny you if you said you bought/sold a page.

Hi,

How do I submit a .pdf form? (in person or via email), can you speak more clearly?

Via email.

i ve done this so many times over the years. they gave you 2 documents to sign and you can literally transfer the ownership plus your ad account and other bank account and assets to anyone. it is legal on their terms and they won’t care if the property is sold, donated or whatever

1 Like

@Ardinje

1 Like

However, the Page and the payouts of both senders and receivers must be “clean”, no policy violations and payouts not “on hold”. However, I tried to transfer but completely failed, Facebook reasoned that my Payout is being On Hold, while it hasn’t even received any revenue from Facebook. Can you fix this problem?