Important information regarding future invoices from SWAPD

But again, this is only if you exceed a certain amount of sales

He can have a VAT number and have his countries tax administration fight and claim it back to the seller’s tax administration but it will be a painful process, if ever successful. A regular vat number WILL however entitle you to getting an actual full invoice, but the seller will charge you full VAT for his service (his country’s VAT). In order to be able to deduct the VAT, your VAT number must be registered in VIES as a valid internal EU number:

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatRequest.html?locale=en

in that case you would not have to pay it from the start (already deducted upon checkout).

electronic services

Yeah what country does this apply from? I’m telling you… not in my country and I’m still in the EU.

As I said, some companies in EU dont even pay VAT or charge it to anyone.

You are still talking about companies, I am talking about Natural persons lol

All of EU

Send the link to that.

Forwarding to my legal auditor, will get back with his reply.

1 Like

Hope you didnt spend too much on them :wink:

2 Likes

It’s pinned, but once you read it, it unpins for you and you only.

I would like to apologize to all users on how this turned out, by the way. When we’re transitioning we didn’t realize that’s how SWAPD invoices would be handled. I am not good at this stuff, that’s why we pay for someone else to let us know what to do.

1 Like

Pay me instead
edit: Pls

Once you explain to me like I am 5 years old what you two are talking about.

2 Likes

Waiting for a joke by @RandyMarsh

I can chime in here and say:

1. When we sent private sellers in the EU their funds (in 2020) = no VAT.
  2. When we sent companies in the EU their funds (in 2020) = VAT pwnd (our country rates).
1 Like

Yea but now we are talking about us companies selling to consumers on here, it’s a bit different

Reading this discussion made me call an Offshore Tax Elusion company right away

Like “Panama Papers”

2 Likes

Ok I got this, I’m actually sorry I busted my counselor’s balls on this, because it’s pretty easy.

This is not an “electronic services”. That would typically include:

• website hosting
  • supply of software
  • access to databases
  • downloading apps or music
  • online gaming
  • distance teaching

But not “growing your instagram account”. In fact, that would much more be in the line of Consulting. In any case, this would qualify as a B2C relation, and it works exactly how I specified before.

You don’t believe me? Here is the examples your guide gives to “electronic services”:

Example 44: If a private person residing in Sweden makes use of a Japanese on-line library, Swedish VAT will have to be paid on the amount the Japanese company charges.

We’re not selling that type of service.

The only part that I would agree with you is this one:

B2C services like advertising services, services of consultants and lawyers , financial services, telecommunications services, broadcasting services and electronically supplied services are taxed at the place where the customer is established provided the customer is established in a non-EU country [Article 59 of the VAT Directive].

** Example 47: When a Hungarian company sells an anti-virus programme to be downloaded through its website to private individuals residing in Australia, there will be no VAT due in Hungary.*
** Example 48: Services rendered by a Belgian lawyer to a US professor will not be subject to VAT in Belgium.*

So, it will apply if it’s nonEU, just what I said. In that case, the buyer must prove he is a non EU fiscal resident to me, because I could live in EU and say I live in Cambodia and… are you going to take my word for it?

And more specifically, I believe you were referring to this scenario:

B2C telecommunications, broadcasting and electronically supplied services will be taxed at the place where the private customer is established, has his permanent address or usually resides [Change to Article 58 of the VAT Directive]

** Example 53: When webhosting is supplied to a private customer living in Lisbon, Portuguese VAT must be charged irrespective of whether the supplier is established in Portugal, in another EU Member State or outside the EU.*
** Example 54: Greek VAT is due on the use of a mobile phone by a private customer residing in Athens.*
** Example 55: Broadcasting services provided to a private customer in Helsinki will contain Finnish VAT.*

I’m sorry but Instagram growth is nowhere in any of these scenarios. In fact, it’s this one:

B2C services [Article 45 of the VAT Directive].

** Example 22: For consultancy services provided by a supplier established in Lisbon to a private customer who resides in Denmark, Portuguese VAT must be charged.*
** Example 23: A supplier established in Greece will need to charge Greek VAT to a business customer established in Romania who acquires legal services to be used for his private purposes.*

This is more like it, amigos. But hey, if you want to compare Instagram growth (which has a worldwide user benefit) to webhosting, then fine. :wink:

Hope you’re not charging your counselees too much :slight_smile:

1. The mini One Stop Shop came into force on 1 January 2015 and allows taxable persons supplying telecommunication services, television and radio broadcasting services and electronically supplied services to non-taxable persons in Member States in which they do not have an establishment to account for the VAT due on those supplies via a web-portal in the Member State in which they are identified. This scheme is optional, and is a simplification measure following the change to the VAT place of supply rules, in that the supply takes place in the Member State of the customer, and not the Member State of the supplier (a derogation to this place of supply rule applies as from 1 January 2019 for supplies by certain taxable persons, whose relevant annual turnover does not exceed EUR 10,000 – find more information in point 6) below). This scheme allows these taxable persons to avoid registering in each Member State of consumption.

Again, up till a certain amount this applies, 10K according to your documents

Don’t need a consultant, I’m more confident in myself