Important information regarding future invoices from SWAPD

I’m just laughing at all of this EU tax talk over here with my brexit registered LTD company

3 Likes

Are you delusional? :slight_smile: That’s if your company does not make 10k a year, and it only applies to a seller, NOT a buyer. A private buyer can NOT decide in the EU if he wants to pay VAT or not…

You were always excellent pirates, no one will deny that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since you really motivated me to actually read your documents, I just wanted to point out that I am right. Your consultancy services or whatever still imply that place of supply is in the country of the buyer.

Can I start my weekend now?

Where does it say this exactly? It does not. Only applies to nonEU buyers, which we both agree on.

Whole of subsection 5 explains where the place of supply is for Other services which include consultancy services.

No. IF the service is to be used EXCLUSIVELY in the buyer’s country, then you are right, but if its of general use, then NO. Which is what it explains in the examples I gave before (your references, btw)

Example: judicial consultancy in your country, about your country and to be served and used in your country: YES.

Example: I grow your account, which is WORLDWIDE: then NO.

Period.

I’m sure you consultants are creative enough to get you out. of there, I’m just saying this is how it is usually done

So I buy your service, so I live in WORLDWIDE? What’s the capital of that

Oh yeah… counselors are creative. Problem is… tax auditors are even nastier, meaner, and bad mothas!! In some Eastern Europe EU countries MAYBE you can still get some slack. In Spain… heck no.

No, the service I sell is of worldwide use. It actually explains it very well in the examples man. If I was giving you say an auditing service for your country’s tax books, then yes, your VAT. Not for IG Growth, man. It is something that is not applicable to one specific country, but of unlimited wwide enjoyment. No matter where you live the service is the same, it is not country-specific. This detail is essential and is what you don’t want get man.

B2C services [Article 45 of the VAT Directive ].

** Example 22: For consultancy services provided by a supplier established in Lisbon to a private customer who resides in Denmark, Portuguese VAT must be charged. *
** Example 23: A supplier established in Greece will need to charge Greek VAT to a business customer established in Romania who acquires legal services to be used for his private purposes. *

This is article 45:

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.52.22

LOL… exactly. Read the examples:

** Example 22: For consultancy services provided by a supplier established in Lisbon to a private customer who resides in Denmark, Portuguese VAT must be charged. *

That means that if I (Portugal) provide services to you (eg France)… Portuguese VAT must be charged.

This is not immovable property!!! (eg an apartment or house, wtf!!)

This is not immovable property!!! (eg an apartment or house, wtf!!)

Exactly, thats why i dont understand you refer to art 45

uhoh swamp is typing

Oh, and in fact, due to COVID and a bad budget, our country IS double taxing its citizens for money made abroad.

It has to be an errata, it’s the same for all b2c. Believe me, your theory would only apply if the service was country specific.

Well a double-tax agreement is optional, so they can choose to do so

You could be right but then this is only because your consultant is creative.

Even if the worldwide thing changes the vat place, I dont get why IG followers makes the place of supply intl.

Anyway, im starting my weekend, bye

1 Like