Introducing "Quality Enforcement" - Lazy people beware.

We are excited (and a bit stern) to introduce our new policy: Quality Enforcement. This initiative is a crucial step towards upholding the high standards we set for our community and the content we share.

What is Quality Enforcement?

Quality Enforcement is a no-nonsense policy aimed at maintaining the high standards of listings and discussions on our platform. Under this policy, our admins will actively remove any listing or topic that does not meet our quality criteria. This includes, but is not limited to:

• Incomplete listings
  • Brief, uninformative descriptions
  • Poorly crafted topic titles
  • Noticeable grammar mistakes

Zero Tolerance, Zero Notification

The key to this policy is its straightforward approach: If your content falls short, it will be deleted without notification. Our goal is not to police but to encourage a culture of professionalism and attention to detail.

Examples of bad quality posts:

Repeat Offenders, Be Warned

We understand everyone makes mistakes. However, habitual disregard for our quality standards will not be tolerated. Repeat offenders risk receiving a lifetime ban from SWAPD.

Why This Matters

In today’s digital age, there’s no excuse for sloppy content. Tools like AI and Grammarly are at your fingertips to help proofread and refine your posts. We are a professional community, and our content should reflect that ethos.

In Short: Be Professional or Reconsider Your Use of SWAPD

We are not just a platform; we are a community of professionals. Quality Enforcement is our commitment to ensuring SWAPD remains a place where excellence is the norm.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Let’s continue to make SWAPD a platform we can all be proud of.

*Please direct any questions or concerns regarding this new policy to our admin team via the support channel, support@swapd.co. Or, you can also respond in this topic.

15 Likes

@Administrators & @moderators - You have a free hand to delete any low-quality posts and listings at your will. Shoot first, ask questions later.

5 Likes

3 Likes

That’s a great initiative!

Finally… we’ll see quality listings.

1 Like

I saw the fack account post and wanted to comment something, this is a great policy.

7 Likes

Yeah, the facking topic was the tipping point for me.

6 Likes

Hope we can get a policy for time wasters too soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think 5$ should sounds fair to me for time wasters (jk)

6 Likes

Bump

funny but sad

It would do great for SWAPD as as site to enforce a minimal monthly payment per listing created.

You could have two models -
Marketplace Seller (Yearly, Unlimited Listings) - $XXX (say, $299 per year, not bad at all - or - $29.99 per month)
OR
SST (Single Sales Thread) Service - $X per month (say, $5 per month, per listing)

Give some add-on features to sellers too -
AI bot that helps clean up the text/offering. Formatting, Spelling.
AI bot to remind users to add things they may have forgotten (TAT, Price, FAQ, Disclaimer)

This would get you, as a company, a more stable source of revenue (not that you guys aren’t doing great already, but, still, there is something about a steady month after month, dependable revenue).

And - this would make every seller put just a tad bit more effort into a listing rather than not thinking twice before making a listing. Will also weed out fack threads and also sellers who really can’t deliver what they’re selling.

2 Likes

People with lesser means treat membership sites like fire, they avoid it. IMO, this would kill the site.

5 Likes

I would be first to leave if this was the thing

ads and escrow fees are correct way of charging, everything else is pointless

1 Like

This won’t make SWAPD a membership site.

Everyone is free to join, free to interact.

It’s only sellers who have to pay a very minimal fee to list their service. Don’t see why a seller would shy away from paying $5 to list an item/service on sale.

I don’t have the exact numbers, but I am reasonably sure at least 1/2 of our members are one-time sellers. So, this wouldn’t work, in my humble opinion.

6 Likes

There’s a forum that does this (let’s call it DarkHatGlobe) who charges $147 yearly, and they still struggle with low quality sales threads and scams

1 Like