Introducing: Sponsored Search Results

For now, we will test our way. There are four slots per keyword. If someone pays 160 USD for a word, it’s only natural he gets top. The first one gets it cheap, so that’s a bonus. We will run our way for a while and see how it goes. First place doesn’t mean a guaranteed click, anyway. It’s all in the topic title.

3 Likes

Also, currently the person who paid more isn’t on top (bug), that will be resolved soon.

2 Likes

In this case, you should sell 4 slots:

Slot #1: $160
Slot #2: $80
Slot #3: $40
Slot #4: $20

I would prefer to have the option to be #1 at the $160 price and not be stuck at the #4 slot just because I was first to buy

4 Likes

You always complain!

3 Likes

We are switching this to BETA because of the listing order. We will make it so a higher price = is higher on the list. This should be resolved tomorrow. If you see any other bugs, please report them here.

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Find one member that disagrees with me

1 Like

Don’t be the first to buy, then :smiley: Problem solved. This is literally a beta version in its primitive form. We first want to see if users:

1. WIll be interested in this
  2. Will continue to be interested over time
  3. Will continually use this

Every little “request” from you guys costs thousands of dollars in developer costs. And besides, I’ve personally quit listening to you when you all asked for auctions, yet no one uses them.

go ■■■■ yourself middle finger GIF

We will test OUR WAY for a few weeks. If interest is there, we will pursue suggestions from members, and automate the buying process so staff isn’t needed.

/end of rant

7 Likes

Even though I am mad at everyone, I’ve heard your requests and decided to oblige.

Starting now, you can purchase direct slots. Today’s purchases were already adjusted to reflect this change. I’ve edited the original post with the new rules.

For more info, also check out:

Update: We’ve received two reports that some browser ad blockers may hide the results. We will try to combat this by removing the word “Sponsored” from the list. We will do so in the next update.

1 Like

What happens with us who purchased the leywords yesterday?

As mentioned, we’ve adjusted them accordingly.

1 Like

A man of the people @SWAPD

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Seems worth it🤔

1 Like

Update! We’ve updated our code, and Sponsored Results should now be immune to AdBlockers. However, we cannot guarantee that some AdBlockers you guys use that already flagged us won’t keep us saved in their “do not display” history.

1 Like

By the way, I will repeat this, these low-priced ads are selling like hot cakes!

1 Like

Unrelated. We have an opening for the front page ad:

30-day slot - 250 USD. Limited time offer.
The ad is seen by guests and users with Trust Level 0.

2 Likes

I have a question, please as a security concern user, can one buy a keyword with crypto?

1 Like

Yes. Safety Concern users can use crypto to buy anything, just not sell.

1 Like

Okay thanks