Is Escrow.com safe?

Tried to sell something here, won’t sell. Have an offsite buyer who wants Escrow.com and not Swapd.co since hes never heard of it, is Escrow.com legit?

Of course. it’s the biggest escrow company in the world.
I’ve done transactions worth altogether $xx,xxx there with no problems.

anything I should look out for dealing on there for an instagram?

I don’t know. All my transactions were domains. Sorry

1 Like

pretty much, even upwork uses it. It’s massive.

The problem with Escrow is that it’s safe for everything but social properties. They don’t intervene if one party (for example, the buyer) says “the password received doesn’t work” while you know for a fact it does. So, all it takes is one dishonest buyer/seller and the transaction is problematic. I don’t know though how they behave in such cases and who do they side with. It’s pretty obvious in the thread @Mrstekdahl posted, the Escrow representative was vague about direct answers about that, in one instance he actually lied. He conveniently stopped responding too when the questions started getting tough.

2 Likes

I believe this guy summed it up just about right:
https://swapd.co/t/can-you-use-escrow-com-for-buying-selling-social-media-accounts-lets-take-a-closer-look-update-escrow-com-replied/44319/23

I believe if a seller was to send over rogue credentials the buyer would not accept the agreement which would result in the funds being returned to the buyer.

Escrow.com themselves openly stated if there was any issues with the credentials they would NOT step in for social media accounts and so I did a huge amount of research on my buyer before going ahead, making me rather confident to use this option as a first time.

However there was a lot of negative reviews such as withholding peoples payments for weeks, regarding Escrows part of the process, which left me pretty surprised when it went so smoothly and quicker than I could have imagined.

Just my experience, but still a risky option with disputes.

Basically, for social media accounts, they just hold the money and hope for the best. If a dispute arises, you’re out of luck. I guess from a buyer standpoint you’re covered, as they just return the money to the buyer. But as far as a seller goes, the buyer could lie and say “nope, passwords didn’t work” and you’re in trouble.

Yup, read the entire thread you made about them and decided to tell the buyer I will only deal on Swapd. Thank you to everyone who replied, you were all very helpful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

100% used them many times for large buys

Introduce him here… you get rewards too. A couple days he/she will be good to go.

2 Likes