PayPal has terminated our company account (yet again)

We will not drag this out into a long story. Those who have been with us for a while know that PayPal banned us every year and restored our services a few days (weeks) later. You can read the most recent story here and here. This time we’re saying NO and will not attempt to have our services restored. At this point, this situation is just a big laugh to us. So, the very few members who use PayPal on SWAPD, will have to face a slight inconvenience using our other payment options. We’re trying to secure a deal with Checkout.com to allow credit cards on SWAPD, but that’s still a big if. We will keep you updated.

Things to know!

• From now on, PayPal is not an option. We will remove it from our checkout system and fee calculator as soon as possible.
  • Pending transactions that used PayPal must be paid out via bank wire.
  • Your funds are safe. We’ve learned not to keep any significant amounts.
  • Do NOT attempt to file any chargebacks on your deposited payments. If you do, we will not pay you out via bank wire.
11 Likes

Just an FYI, some of our other staff members were removed from PP at the same time as us. Perhaps this is a purge? If you got canned, let us know!

I got a direct contact person on Checkout.com :eyes:

6 Likes

Just an FYI, PayPal constituted less than 2% of total transactions on SWAPD. Losing PayPal is nothing to cry about.

@Zoow - Please contact @Goofy then, he is handling the deal.

3 Likes

PayPal sucks. I’ve been through this.

2 Likes

I don’t have bankwire is crypto fine? I still have pending transaction due to mentorship.

I used to use Paypal because I felt ‘safe’ since understanding cryptos was very complex for me, after the last time swapd had problems with Paypal last year I was forced to switch to cryptos and I have to say that it was the best thing that could have happened to me :pray: sometimes opportunities are disguised as obstacles, I say this for people who still use paypal out of fear / misinformation about cryptos as was my case.

4 Likes

Excited Lets Go GIF

2 Likes

Pp banned my accounts for no reason at all… I called and they said nothing. Not sure till this day why they banned me.

How did you use PayPal without a bank account? And why don’t you have a bank account?

2 Likes

I made purchases with PayPal never connected it to my bank. I use Crypto now as my main option for transactions

As long as you’re dealing with users who are eligible to receive crypto payments, then you can continue using crypto, no worries.

If you have a bank account, no problem. We can pay out your (if any) ongoing PayPal tickets via a bank wire.

Can we use Payoneer this time?

No.

2 Likes

I have been through this
Paypa is so terrible

paypal is honestly terrible, so frustrating

1 Like

There are still a few hours left until the deadline expires. Also, please stay on topic here and keep ticket support problems inside the tickets.

1 Like

Did anyone else lose their account today? Because at SWAPD HQ, it’s raining PP bans.

2 Likes

Secure it - credit cards would be such a game changer

7 Likes