Problem I see with Threads

Some sellers on here have old threads with tons of comments and vouches for a specific service (i.e. Twitter Blue Badges - which have been a thing for 10+ years). They can no longer offer that service and instead are testing or confidently offering a new service - Twitter Gold. Instead of making a NEW thread for this NEW service, they are editing their old threads, which have tons of generic comments and vouches i.e. “seller delivered a verification for me in 2 days” - which was for the original service “Twitter Blue Badges” and NOT the new service “Twitter Gold” … this is MISLEADING to anyone who clicks on the thread with the new title as they can’t see the edit history.

Proposal:

If a seller is offering a new service, they should have to start a new thread. No more piggy backing off old services and generic vouches, which misrepresents their new service.

Thoughts? @moderators

1 Like

If you have such examples, please post the URLs. I believe threads aren’t editable after an X amount of time, so I don’t see how this is possible.

Sure, will post one below as an example. I’m not trying to eliminate competition or prevent anyone from selling anything, but in addition to my previous points, doing this is also a bit of an unfair advantage, but overall just misleading as I’m sure most buyers check and rely on vouches - which most are generic.

https://swapd.co/t/twitter-gold-verification-service-verification-via-media-portal-guaranteed-legal-and-fast-100-success-rate-gold-verification/522684/190

Hi, thank you for your message. Would like to reply to this.

The Thread stated I previously had a success in Blue Badges. Buyers are obviously advised to do their due diligence and check the thread, comments, and times when placed themself. (Not sure if buyer can check editing history, if not I can understand the problem). I don’t specifically advertised or show that I have verified businesses yet. As simply, just as stated, the service is provided as a test for now. If needed, I would create a new thread and then the old one can be removed. @SWAPD any advice for this? Sorry for the trouble

Correct, people can’t see the edit history. Sorry, wasn’t targeting you just recently saw and wanted to provide an example. Thanks for being a good sport and understanding

1 Like

I have unlisted the topic you’ve replied with, @GOAT. Please flag any topic you see in the future. Thank you!

I will go over our websites settings to make sure topics aren’t editable after X days. That topic will be closed.

1 Like

My bad. Was not aware of that. Thank you for letting me know. I will be creating a new thread for my seevice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.