SEC sues Binance! Might be wise to move your portfolio [Update: CoinBase too!]

Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, and its chief executive are being sued by the US’s top financial watchdog, which has accused them of making billions of dollars while “placing investors’ assets at significant risk”.

In a court filing, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) accused Binance of mixing “billions of dollars” in customer funds and secretly sending them to a separate company controlled by its founder and chief executive, Changpeng Zhao.

In its complaint filed on Monday at a federal district court in Washington, the SEC added: “Defendants have enriched themselves by billions of US dollars while placing investors’ assets at significant risk.”

So, in short, the US government claims that Binance is using your money for some high risk financial gambling.
If you have any money in there, move it out before they block withdrawals, because the news is still fresh and panic may ensue.

11 Likes

Just began withdrawing

Also, more info:
https://twitter.com/aakashg0/status/1665929595693178880?s=20

1 Like

I don’t think this will effect main Binance since they’re a worldwide business with no headquarters and CZ is chilling somewhere in Dubai anyways. They’re definitely market manipulators and crypto will be much better without them, just don’t see it happening though.

Always wise to hold your crypto in a cold wallet anyways.

I don’t think you understand the power of the US :smiley: They can literally freeze them from the SEPA/Switf networks, along with MC/VISA.

What’s the best alternative of Binance?

It’s called a trezor

2 Likes

I think is is for Binance.us

Not the world wide Binance ?

I have been unable to send from binance for a couple of hours now. I sincerely hope its my network

We Need SWAPD Bank, Exchange & Wallet. :grin:

We need swapd coin. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Latest news from @Goofy! CoinBase is now getting sued, also! America is coming from you, crappy exchanges.

1 Like

People, leave Binance and CoinBase, now. Move your funds out!

Friendly reminder to to also export your order history, just in case. Bookkeeping can be a pain in the ass if they close their website

1 Like

Where are you moving it to ?
Which other alternative can i use urgently?

I withdrew to my bank

3 Likes

Binance’s side on this matter -

1 Like

Aren’t you all panicking a little bit? :slight_smile: this will only affect binance.us so the worst case scenario would be binance shutting down its US presence (that is not that huge).

They will be issued a huge fine (that they absolutely can pay) and that’s it

1 Like

Maybe. But even a slight chance of losing my money isn’t worth any risk. Would be safe to move some of your funds out of there (if they’re substantial).

2 Likes