Share Your Monthly E-commerce Store Maintenance Costs!

Hey everyone,

I’m curious to learn about the ongoing costs associated with running an e-commerce store. Whether you’re a small business owner or managing a larger operation, I believe your insights could greatly benefit our community here.

Could you kindly share the following details about your e-commerce store?

1. Platform Used: (e.g., Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento)
  2. Monthly Hosting Fees: (if applicable)
  3. Maintenance and Updates: (cost for technical support, software updates)
  4. Additional Tools and Services: (e.g., SEO tools, analytics, marketing automation)
  5. Average Monthly Total Cost: (an estimate of your total monthly expense to keep your store live)

Feel free to add any other costs or tips you think might be helpful to others considering or currently running an e-commerce store.

I am looking forward to your response!

2 Likes

I’m currently running a store on Shopify which is doing about $30,000 in monthly revenue, the hosting fees from my processor is about $1,500 just for the use of the service and about 2-3% is taken from payouts and sent into a reserve.

1 Like

Interesting choice to use personal servers for your store! Was this due to challenges with platforms like Shopify, or do you prefer the control and customization of self-hosting? Would love to hear your insights on this decision.

Avoid self-hosting an e-commerce store unless you have a strong knowledge of server management, including load balancing, DDoS mitigation, machine configuration, updates, and log analysis…
Failing with a small detail, it’s enough to destroy your online business.