Starting today, we're enforcing strict bank wire payment policies. Incoming payments without ticket numbers will be placed on hold and refunded

Hello, SWAPDsters.

The following message is a staff rant (mainly from our billing department and accounting) aimed at buyers who notoriously forget to include ticket numbers in their incoming payments sent to our company. SWAPD is a place of business, each ticket is treated like a three-way contract. Since we’ve switched our classification this year to a full-blown escrow company, we have a duty to keep exact records of what’s coming in and what’s going out. We no longer get 1-2 payments per day back when we started in 2017, and this is no longer just a forum for trading small-time things. Large transactions are conducted on SWAPD every single day, and we have a legal responsibility of complying with our local laws and regulations. Receiving unmarked payments from all over the world makes that difficult, not only for our accountant but for staff who has to spend extra manhours chasing down ghost payments. To top it off, yearly audits become very problematic and again, consume extra time. This could all be avoided if users simply started placing ticket numbers in wire descriptions. It literally takes seconds and saves us hours.

It’s not your bank’s fault or a mistake

After analyzing the behavior of the most notorious users, we’ve noticed that in 99% of cases, it’s never the bank’s fault. It simply users not caring or wanting to find the time to go that extra step, the rest (1%) are genuine mistakes. Well, this stops today. All unmarked wires will now no longer receive any attention from staff until our monthly accounting is done with the books (at the end of each fiscal month). Depending on the status of the ticket, we may process it at the end of the month or simply send the funds back where they came from.

This concludes our rant (and warning?). We really don’t want to be the bad guys here, but I believe we’ve voiced our concerns well enough in this post. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

27 Likes

I made this mistake, but it was a mistake… Heh. Sorry, pls don’t t kill me :heart:

1 Like

@Goofy answer your phone damn it, we’re calling it off. He said he’s sorry please respond asap.

1 Like

It’s out of my hands now. Only @MrSixdigits can call off the squad at this point.

4 Likes

Its done now, better make the will ready

You can’t find me. Called in a favor, hiding out in a trailerpark, crying for my momma, way out in the bushes.

Happy hunting boys.

1 Like

8 Likes

Sounds like a scam to me

1 Like

Bumping this thread because it seems people are starting to forget.