Suggestion- lurking mode

:eyes: Lurking mode: I feel it would be very beneficial to have on a website. With this feature, when you post a thread, you can see how many people are viewing it or even see the actual users currently on your thread. I believe this would add a little more excitement, making it more engaging for users.

3 Likes

There is a way to see the following information:

• Replies
  • Views
  • Activity

1 Like

I think he’s talking about real time info, like current users viewing the listings. That would be cool.

3 Likes

Seen this on some other forums. It’ll be similar to when someone is typing on the same thread and you can see it typing. I second this, I think it’ll be pretty nice to have the people viewing the same thread in real time. Doesn’t have to show who is viewing it, just that X number of people are

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I mean
@Brant

1 Like

Like who’s online and lurking on my own thread just like if someone typing

Next up: see a list of users who are browsing Swapd in their underwear

2 Likes

Me rn

While taking a sh!t

This is possible, but the feature is very consuming as far as server load goes. We are already lagging a bit due to our countless modifications and plugins. We’re not too willing to enable this, page loads time WILL suffer (we’ve tested).

1 Like

Could it be possible to have it as a feature that can be enabled by users in settings, should they wish to (with a warning that says that loading time may suffer as a result). It doesn’t need to be on by default. I wonder if that may help or is that not how it works?

There is a method to accomplish this with lower server stress, suggest to explore more about websockets implementation.

2 Likes