I understand why SWAPD made the decision to restrict access from Nigeria. I understand that the platform has dealt with scammers, spam, failed transactions and other forms of abuse, and I am not asking SWAPD to ignore those problems.
But I am asking you to please find another way.
I am a legitimate Nigerian user of SWAPD. I have used this platform, I have purchased accounts here, I have contributed here, and I have friends who have also legitimately bought accounts and participated in the marketplace.
Now, simply because we are accessing SWAPD from Nigeria, we can no longer access the website normally.
Personally, I have had to use a VPN just to access SWAPD.
Honestly, it is painful.
A website that I could previously open normally now requires me to change my IP address just to get access. I should not have to do that simply because I am Nigerian.
I completely understand protecting the platform from scammers. But blocking Nigerian IP addresses means legitimate users are being affected together with the people who caused the problem.
There are scammers everywhere in the world.
There are scammers in Nigeria, but there are also scammers in the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, China, Europe and many other countries. Fraud is not a Nigerian invention and it is not a problem that can be permanently solved by blocking one nationality.
The better solution, in my opinion, would be to identify the bad actors individually.
SWAPD already has mechanisms that could help with this: KYC, identity verification, enhanced due diligence, transaction monitoring and other security measures. Your own terms recognize these tools as part of how SWAPD manages fraud and compliance risks.
Why not apply stronger verification process to users instead of completely blocking Nigerian IPs?
Why not allow established Nigerian members with a clean transaction history to remain?
Why not require additional verification for new Nigerian accounts?
Why not place stricter transaction limits on accounts that have not yet built a reputation?
Why not permanently remove users who are actually caught scamming?
That would target the problem without punishing everyone.
I am not asking SWAPD to lower its security standards.
I am asking SWAPD to make the security measures more targeted.
If I have completed legitimate transactions, have a history on the platform, have never scammed anyone and can verify my identity, my nationality should not automatically make me a security risk.
Please also remember that legitimate Nigerians contribute financially to SWAPD. We are customers. We buy. We sell. We pay fees. We participate in the marketplace. We help create activity on the platform.
I personally have purchased accounts here. My friends have too.
So when access is suddenly blocked, it doesn’t only affect scammers. It affects genuine customers who have supported the platform.
I believe SWAPD can do better than a blanket IP block.
Protect your users.
Fight fraud.
Remove scammers.
Strengthen KYC.
Verify legitimate members.
Monitor suspicious transactions.
But please find another way to protect SWAPD without completely shutting the door on Nigerian users.
I am not asking for special treatment because I am Nigerian.
I am asking to be treated as an individual.
Let my transaction history, identity, reputation and conduct determine whether I deserve access to SWAPD — not simply the country attached to my IP address.
Please reconsider the Nigerian IP block and give legitimate Nigerian members another path to remain part of the community.