The auction system is live! (BETA stage)

We have made the AUCTION tag more visible today! All you need to do is click the AUCTION tag to see all available auctions.

2 Likes

To anyone planning to start a new auction, here are two tips:

1. Leave screenshots for the second post/reply.
  2. Starting price = set as low as possible.

Remember, the reserve price is what protects you. The starting price always should be low to entice bidding. With every bid, your topic gets bumped to the top, so if you keep the initial price low, you will get additional exposure.

This is great now :+1::+1:

1 Like

Daaamn, I’m the only one in this category :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Currently, we’re tracking a bug on Safari browsers (and our mobile app) that causes distortions when the checkout button is clicked. Working on a fix.

Fixed!

1 Like

I will bump this topic again as I am seeing the same mistake over and over again.
Some users set a reserve (for example) to 1000 USD and make the starting bid 700 USD. Why? You’re losing potential customers that way. The starting bid (if you have a set reserve) should be always the lowest possible amount. You will get more bids this way, I guarantee it. You’re always protected by the reserve amount, so why set the initial price high? If you set it low, more people will bid, more people will receive contestant notifications about the auction, and more people will participate. If you set the first bid to a high amount, people will shy away.

1 Like

We’re now tracking a bug that scrolls your page to the top when someone places a bid (while you’re viewing the thread). We will try to get this patched up.

The latest bug has been fixed. We have over 20 auctions running so far! Yay!

Has there been a succesful auction so far? They all seem to not meet the reserve :sweat_smile:

6 accounts auctioned, $300 highest bid :))

Two auctions did win in the previous round.

1 Like

I think auctions will be appealing soon once people figure out a few things such as:

1. You won’t need to haggle back and forth with price negotiations.
  2. Learn how to set them up correctly to entice many bidders.
  3. See that the bid-bump feature will give them more exposure.
  4. Auctions bring out heated bidding wars.
  5. Everyone gets live notifications about the auctions progress, including a 7,5,3 and a one day (and 1 hour) reminder.

So far out of the two successful (non-staff) auctions won, we’ve received one praise that the account sold for more than the seller wanted, all because people got into a bidding war at the end.

26 auctions running!

We’re working on reducing outbid notifications for auction participants. Thanks to @RandyMarsh! The next update will greatly reduce the number of outbid notifications, probably by 90% :smiley:

2 Likes

We’re tracking a bug that causes auctions not to close, whether successful or unsuccessful. We’re aware of this issue and working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience but hey, BETA will do BETA stuff.

Important update.

We’ve discovered a pesky bug that doesn’t warn participants about the progress of the auction, and it also doesn’t let them know when the auction is ending. Additionally, a few other bugs are preventing the opening of tickets when the auction is successful. I recommend that all current open auctions should be closed because the auction holders will not get the exposure the system promised. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we warned everyone about this possibility. Auctions are very tough to implement. This saddens us just as much as you guys, as we’ve already dumped lots of money on this and there is no end in sight.

We’ve been working on a fix for the past 48 hours. The problem is, even if we fix it, the update will not correct the already opened auctions. That is why it’s better to close them. We will not host any further auctions until we thoroughly fix these current issues.

1 Like

I think there should be an option to reduce the reserve price as we see in flippa.com so we can get an auction winner if the seller wants

1 Like

Thank you. We will consider an option such as “sell to this bidder” in the future.

1 Like

That would be great

1 Like