The dangers of not owning the original email account with Instagram. You may lose your account!

Hi, there are a few different ways I see some people claiming usernames on @SWAPD and I’d really like to know if one method is considered safer than another inr elation to the topic of NOT having the OGE.

I recently paid for two different IG username claims:
The first seller claimed it by me supplying an account I was okay with him swapping the username I want to be claimed onto my account. Then I login with my same password, etc and the username I wanted is now on my account I’ve owned all along, and a look into the “former emails used” section to check OGE, it lists only my email.

The second seller had me login to an email he provided, change password, etc, and now after logging into the IG, I can actually see the history of the account and that it has previous emails including an OGE that clearly never belonged to me. He did not provide the OGE for this purchase. The account contains a bunch of what I assume were methods to warm this account (adding a lot of new posts etc. before selling to me).

My question is, is the first way protecting me from ever losing that username, or do both methods come with the same risk? This will help me determine which sellers to use in the future if there’s a difference.

@Ryan - You’re the expert here. Answer @dustini or I will ban you.

1 Like

First method is completely fine, and that’s how every request should be done.

The second method is by them hacking the account and tricking Media Support, I know the method and it’s completely stupid. Much bigger risk than the first one

6 Likes

Understood. Is there anyway for me to cleanse the username or to protect it, or am I just at a much greater risk and theres nothing I can do about it to fix?

Does it matter for Youtube accounts? If so, is there a way to verify the original email account on YT?

It’s nice to have the OG in any case, but with YouTube you can do without it. There is no way to check, as far as I know.

1 Like

Just turbo it to a fresh account and perm the original account and it’s all good.

Swapd has been my go to for anything Instagram however lately it seems as if the feed has been bogged down by non legitimate people who either a. Ask way too much, b. Page looks fake or c. All of the above.

I’d love an option ( payable if need be ) where anytime you list a page you pay x amount of dollars for an in depth review of followers, engagement, and swapd lists in the listing of what they think the page is worth.

Would save a ton of time as now the only way to get an audit is at checkout

I’m starting to see more snd more places offer what they think from a professional opinion the page is worth, think of the marketplace as a dealership website where they have a badge of priced $x under pages in the same category etc etc

After buying a stolen page on here once I am hesitant to trust anyone and typically the premium sellers ask insane prices on halfway decent pages

2 Likes

There are websites that analyse accounts. You just need to pay for it

I agree there could be many with stolen pages.

My worry is that even if the OGemail is provided. Can’t the account be recovered with the OGphone number? Because it did happen with me once.

1 Like

is OG email still applicable with 2FA?