This is a first ! Got a phishing email from the office Instagram domain for verification

Hey,

This is a first found an email in my inbox to one of my Big Instagram accounts and the email was sent to the account linked to it.

The email came from help(at)instagram.com

I checked it to make sure its from instagram.com and not another domain and has the sender name appearing as that.

This was the email

It seemed legitimate as it was from the domain

Once clicked it redirected me to a WhatsApp Business chat to the following number +1 (386) 898-332

I thought to follow along and sent them a message

Once it was sent got an automated reply

The link to the so called Form gave it away to me

Checked the domains whois it was created 30 days ago and when clicked opens up a browser to login to the Instagram account

And got a notification on my account that an unrecognised Samsung device is trying to login located in Dubai, UAE

When I told them I will not be giving them the security code this is what they said:

“ I would like to point out that your account was not approved in the conversation you made with the support channel, which allows you to get the instagram blue tick. If you request the removal of the blue tick support, your ticket will be terminated, do you confirm?”

So I’m not sure what’s going on but getting the email from the official domain is really strange…

What’s your thoughts on this…

Let me know your thought’s …?

Its spoofed email , not from Instagram .

Dont give any code to them and update your password and remove any active logins .

1 Like

Did all that what’s driving me crazy is how is the sender was the official domain.

But as you said Spoof first time in years almost had me
But I think if someone got too excited will fall for this easily

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.