Hello, I would really value your advice on the best method to transfer ownership of an Instagram account once sold.
So far I have this process:
- Add the buyers email address as the account email address in settings
- Give them the password - the new owner logs in.
- For bigger accounts, Instagram will likely detect a log in from a new location and require verification by email.
- New owner will get the verification link/password reset link in their email
- New owner should follow the steps to reset the password [i’ve been told they would only click the verifcation links from their phone - not from their PC].
Would you add/change anything?
Specifically concerned about adding the buyer’s email address to the account settings - would you do this or would you ideally already be using an email account you don’t mind giving to the buyer - this way Instagram wouldn’t be alerted.