Twitter

Hello everyone,

Twitter is the one important platform we don’t spend much time talking about and it’s honestly the platform I know the least about. So, I thought I’d start this topic and ask a few starter questions that I’m interested in to get the ball rolling.

Here goes:

1. Are there any growth methods that have worked on other platforms that work on Twitter? Follow/Unfollow, etc…

2. Are there any growth automation tools that actually work on Twitter?

3. Compared to Instagram, how difficult is building a Twitter following?

4. I think there is only one person currently on site doing Twitter verifications, but I’d be curious how stringent the verification requirements are compared to other platforms. For example would qualifying for FB verification be enough to qualifying for Twitter or would you need IG level PR? Or something completely different entirely?

Feel free to share insights to these questions, add additional questions or share your own tips in relation to Twitter Growth, Verification and/monetization.

1 Like

Following this topic. I have exact same questions. I have been focussed on Instagram and Facebook for a while. Currently trying to grow a twitter account.

I tried doing follow/unfollow on a fresh account I am growing in Pets niche. I discovered the limit for me is 30 accounts. Follow 30 accounts and keep them followed for 24 hours, and then unfollow. Repeat the process. (Too slow and not worth it)

The followback rate on Twitter is good though (out of 30, 10 to 15 follow back, on a bad day it still pulls 7-8) but still this method won’t result in huge gains. I tried finding automation bots for twitter but there seems to be none working correctly right now. :sweat_smile:

I found out (so far), if you want to grow on Twitter, you have to engage with the community. Comment, reply and retweet to gain followers.

I know all this is basic. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Cool, I love talking about Twitter.

When it comes to growth, follow/unfollow is quite common. For non-verified users, you can only follow up to 400 users per day, as long as at least 17% of them follow you back within that 24 hour timeframe. For verified accounts, you can follow up to 1,000 accounts in one go per day. I’m sure you’ve come over accounts on Twitter that follows 1M people, and is followed by 1.1M, while their engagement is hovering around 15 likes per Tweet.

Trend ranking is also a very effective way of growing. It’s important to know what works on Twitter, and what sort of audience is active at the time you post. The first 15 minutes of your post is extremely important if you want it to rank under a specific trend, whether it be local or worldwide.

Let’s take the “End SARS” protest as an example. #EndSARS is basically a protest to end the SWAT unit of Nigeria’s police force. The Nigerian youth is known for being avid Twitter users, and are extremely engaging on collective efforts. Most people who tweeted something with the #EndSARS hashtag attached to it during HH (hot hour), typically the hour a specific trend reaches 1M tweets experienced seeing their Tweet gain up to 30K likes, 20K retweets and a dozen comments. The best way to find out if you’ve gotten into the trends is if the like- and retweet count are almost leveled/ratio’d.

I’m not sure if I’m de-railing too hard here btw.

Building a Twitter following is rather easy, if you have the content or you tweet regularly. Pretty much any niche goes, some growth in very specific niches are obviously slower - but you’ll see your growth, definitely.

Re: Twitter Verification:
The policies around Twitter verification is very “top secret”, and not alot of information is available as to what exactly is needed. Surely, being verified on other socials will benefit you in applying for the checkmark, but it’s not a requirement. Having a decent online presence and at least 200 followers used to be enough (pre COVID), but after COVID, I’ve noticed that the criteria have become stricter.

The problem with Twitter verification submissions is that acceptance is totally dependent on who picks your case. There are no set “guidelines” for review. I’ve previously submitted fresh accounts, no content, no images, no PR and no nothing and it got verified. The next day, I submitted someone who overqualified, and it got denied.

For most of the forms I’ve used to request verification, they’ve asked 2-5 links to news articles (preferably some that actually mention or link to your Twitter profile).

Re: Monetization - EXCITING!

Twitter’s monetization product (Twitter Amplify) is rather new. For creators, it also comes with an exciting app called Twitter VIT (Very Important Tweeters), where you can create and post custom cards, start live Q&A’s and similar. The requirements for Amplify is extremely strict, and unlocking the monetization tool inside of it is even harder.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Goofy.

1 Like