Why it’s important to have brand safe Twitter pages for monetization

Brian Krassensteins take on Twitter monetization was super interesting and why accounts get paid a lot more than others. Please keep in mind he is pushed by Elon Musk and makes 20k+ a month in the program

Do you guys agree with this?

‘Why The X Revenue Share Program Squashes Hate & Bad Content.

Elon has been stating for months that he has a plan to create useful, less hateful discussion on this platform, and the X Revenue Share program is doing just that. Let me explain:

Why Were some People Paid More than others?

I notice many people are questioning why some content creators got paid more per post impression than others did. The reasoning behind it is mainly due to the fact that X’s revenue share payouts are not actually based on post impressions, but rather impressions of ads within one’s post and on their profile.

If anyone has ever advertised on X, they’d understand how the ad system functions. Advertisers are able to place their ads against whatever content they’d like. They can pick and choose to include or exclude words, pick geographic locations and also select specific users and those users’ circles of followers who they want their ads displayed against.

This means that content that appeals to advertisers will be monetized the most as they compete for eyeballs within Posts and Profiles. If you are making posts that alienate the vast majority of people, are hateful, grotesque, include nudity or conspiracy theories or attack an individual, the chances that your post will be fully monetized will decrease significantly.

Now here’s the how this helps achieve Elon’s vision.

Users on X are free to post whatever they want (pretty much) but users on X will not make money from posting content that advertisers deem inappropriate. It’s the free market and in the free market advertisers will determine what gets monetized and what does not. This is a democratized method of rewarding positive, helpful dialogue, while still allowing for all speech.

I have seen a few posts over the last day or two pointing to my account, asking why my account has been monetized more-so than some others. My best advice is to simply adhere to the guidelines I posted above. This is only if you expect to fully monetize your Posts. If you don’t care about making money here then you are free to continue posting hate, slander, misinformation, lies, personal attacks and low quality, divisive content. If you do care, then you need to think twice before posting content that is offensive.”

3 Likes

Excellent and valuable write-up! TYVM!

1 Like

Great :+1: