YouTube new 7-day rule. Another roadblock for transferring channels? (You can transfer primary ownership 7 days after becoming an owner.)

Virtually all our recent YouTube tickets got hit with a 7-day wait requirement when transferring channels for our clients. Just a few days ago, only 24 hours was needed for a newly added member to become eligible for the Primary Owner position. Now? YouTube is telling us that we must wait 7 days to transfer the full ownership of the channel. Is this just a string of back luck or are other members experiencing the same problem? Have you guys heard anything?

What happens when you try to transfer a channel now after 24 hours?

We personally got hit with two messages.

• Message #1. “You can transfer primary ownership 7 days after becoming an owner.”
  • Message #2. “Failed to transfer ownership.”

How to work around the 7-day YouTube transfer block?

This is something new, and we’re not even sure if this is site-wide yet. We would like to confirm via a few more tickets. If this is a new “feature,” then it looks like all YouTube related checkout tickets will take a lot longer to resolve now.

3 Likes

OK. This is fully confirmed now on our end. YouTube channel transfers will now take seven full days! We will have to update our transfer protocols. Unless someone knows how to speed up the wait time?

4 Likes

100% confirmed with Google that this is the new rule.

We just got hit with this in a recent YT trade that just concluded today.

1 Like

Google is really making things difficult. Gmail security is so over the top that I almost lost my Gmail I’ve had for 10 years a few weeks ago. Today, one of our admins had a similar problem. He got locked out of his email (desktop) and was asked to confirm the login via phone (which he did). Gmail still didn’t let him in.

2 Likes

Any YouTube channel seller can simply retrieve the channel from the YouTube team
So buying a YouTube channel is not safe without the original email of the channel

Why do you say this?

Why buy channels if

I say this because I want to buy a channel. I fear that the seller will take it back