A message to all service providers

As I’m sure you all know; SWAPD is growing. And with growth comes time consumption. We see us in the need of enforcing some simple steps to streamline ticket efficiency, and for that - we need your help.

When you create your tickets, some of you put the timeline/TAT as “X business days”. This needs to end. We don’t have the time to calculate business days, check for public holidays, factor in weekends, and then set a deadline timer for whatever the result is.

If your service timeline is dependent on people working business hours, then we ask you to do these calculations yourself, and instead of “X business days”, you set your TAT to “X hours/days/weeks”.

When you set a timeline for 7 business days; we’re going to consider the deadline passed after 7 days - not 7 business days.

That’s all! Thank you for your help, and thank you for using SWAPD!

17 Likes

I approve this message.

4 Likes

This can be easily solved in 30 minutes by a programmer adding a calendar to checkouts.

3 Likes

Sounds complicated, considering we don’t allow services to begin until we’ve secured the payment. In some cases, buyers take up to a week to send the payment.

1 Like

I mean add a calendar on this step of checkout instead a text field.

Moderators will always receive this: “04/05/22” or “4 days” for example.

Still wouldn’t make sense in relation to my last response here. The deadline would be incorrect that way. We don’t start the deadline clock until the payment has been confirmed.

So if you set the deadline to May 9th, and the seller takes 4 days to pay, then he’s paying on the last day of the deadline - giving the seller no time to deliver. It’s really not a big ask. We just want to know the TAT in days, and not business days.

Ok, but no problem for devs too.
They can add extra time to the deadline after payment status was changed to paid.

(paymentTime) - (ticketOpenTime) = X days
(deadlineTime) = (deadlineTime) + X days

1 Like

Whether now or later you will need to optimize the system due to increased demand.

3 Likes

:fire::fire::fire:

Bumping because of this:

Tbh every day is a business day, so I get it

3 Likes

And when the deadline runs out, they complain that “BUT IT’S ONLY BEEN 5 BUSINESS DAYS”.

my man denzel GIF

Haha so true