AI and the future of web as we know it - Serious discussion!

Yes, AI it’s in the early “oh, let me tinker with this cool thing” phase. But in my opinion, this thing will change how the internet works in the upcoming years. The future of search engines lies in AI’s capability to understand and interpret complex queries, delivering more accurate and personalized results. This means moving away from keyword-based searches to more intuitive, conversational interactions.

Who’s going to want to read your blog?

If all the questions the information seeker wants can be conveniently generated by AI.

If AI takes over as the primary information source…

… who will want to continue running websites? Unless, of course, you’re a news site or selling items or services. However, general information/niche sites may start dying.

Rumors suggest that future AI platforms may offer two tiers: paid and free. The paid version promises unbiased, comprehensive data, while the free version could be influenced by sponsorships, potentially skewing the information presented.

1. Paid AI: For those seeking unfiltered, accurate data, the paid option will be a go-to. This could lead to a more trustworthy, reliable source of information.
  2. Free AI: The free version, while accessible to all, may present data that subtly favors sponsors or paid content, impacting the authenticity of the information.

What is your take on this?

If you have a prediction, I would love to hear it. Is SWAPD is still alive few years down the road, we will circle back to this topic and see who was right.

4 Likes

@SWAPD I 100% agree with your statement. I also think the big players in this AI game will be the people who control and monetize access to super Artificial intelligence.
I also think that the paid AI will be big for people based on what type of data you have available for others and the quality of the data… I think that there will be “nicheData” and specific platforms for specific types of AI/Data if you know what I mean… that’s my input on this … AI will 1000% take over the world which is why in the future NFTs will be important and the utility of those NFTs will be important as well especially when it comes down to verification and accuracy…

I believe the same. But the big question is, what will future AI feed off (if my theory comes true) that information-related (niche) sites start dying because no one is visiting them?

The potential evolution of AI and its impact on the future of the internet raises thought-provoking questions about information dissemination, website relevance, and the nature of AI-driven platforms. Here are some considerations:

1. Shift in Search Paradigm:
  • As AI becomes more adept at understanding complex queries, the traditional keyword-based search model could give way to more intuitive and conversational interactions. This shift could redefine how users seek and receive information on the web.
  1. Impact on Websites:
  • If AI platforms become the primary source of information and can generate content effectively, there might be reduced demand for traditional websites, especially those focused on general information or niche topics. This could lead to a decline in the importance of maintaining such sites.
  1. Paid vs. Free AI:
  • The suggestion of a two-tier AI system, with paid versions providing unbiased data and free versions potentially influenced by sponsorships, introduces an interesting dynamic. This model could affect the trustworthiness and authenticity of information.
  1. Monetization of AI Access:
  • The control and monetization of access to super Artificial Intelligence could become a significant aspect of the AI landscape. Those who manage and provide access to advanced AI capabilities might emerge as influential players in the digital ecosystem.
  1. Role of NicheData and NFTs:
  • The idea of nicheData and specific platforms for different types of AI/data emphasizes the potential diversification of AI applications. NFTs could play a role in this ecosystem, offering a means of verifying and ensuring the accuracy of data, especially in a future where AI is a dominant force.
  1. Future Feed for AI:
  • If niche information sites diminish in relevance due to AI-generated content, the question arises: what will future AI platforms feed off? The answer may lie in the evolving landscape of data, potentially emphasizing the importance of specialized, high-quality data sources.
  1. Verification and Accuracy:
  • As AI takes on a more central role, the utility of NFTs for verification and ensuring the accuracy of information becomes crucial. This could lead to the development of new standards for information validation in the digital space.

In summary, the future integration of AI into the fabric of the internet could reshape how information is accessed, leading to changes in website relevance, the nature of data, and the dynamics of trust in information sources. The intersection of AI, NFTs, and data quality may become pivotal in shaping the future landscape of the web.

:rofl:

AI cannot take over a human being. Artificial intelligence thinks 2 dimensional and a human brain 3 dimensional.

Confirmed guys. Close thread.
Joking aside… How can you say that? I forgot 40% of the book I read five months ago. This thing can potentially have access to all the data in the world and access it in seconds.

yes
swapd will be dead

It’s like you try to see the 4th dimension, it’s impossible.

Elon Musk Weed GIF

Example: AI vs Human Brain
SEOBFSMSMATCON317_03_1@2x-300x132

Ahhh yes. Now I get it.

what should we call me jim carrey GIF