Alert - someone pretend to be me

Edit : the guy renamed the account, so won’t look similar as me anymore

Some offsite’s friends asked me if this telegram profile was mine @smmthegoat, but it’s not, I think it’s someone trying to scam you by using my feedback here on Swapd , please BE CAREFUL

is clearly someone who knows my Swapd handle + my name for the payments used

1 Like

@SWAPD Would it help if we did not share the names of who receiving payments in the tickets, perhaps passing them on privately only to the moderators assigned to the case?

2 Likes

Thats mcgregor

1 Like

:fist_left: :fist_left:

This is a wonderful suggestion @SMM. The buyer/seller doesn’t really need the other party’s bank/payment info in any case. @SWAPD, please consider.

1 Like

I always send payment info as a whisper.

5 Likes

I had the same thing. Someone pretend to be me and asked the person to give the account first before getting the payment :neutral_face:

He also claim to sell verified account, in case, here you can see two of them

Are you actively selling on any other platform(s)?

Offsite but through middlemans who know me already ; anyway on his bio he have the name of a friend who hold funds for me when I get paid here lol

We always encourage sellers and buyers to share sensitive data via whispers inside tickets. The one day you don’t, the buyer will see the same details we see.

Impersonating others is quite common in this community, and is responsible for a lot of scams. Moving this to Community Warnings, so that more people can see it.

8 Likes

Omg @SMM its very bad

1 Like

@SMM this scammer know u very well as the put your friend name as well and its possible telegram remove this username or ban etc?

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

I Know, i asked the same informations
Anway
No, it is not someone who knows me well

2 options :

1. Someone I’ve done business with here, and has seen the name of the person receiving money (thinking it’s me xD)

2. Someone I’ve done business with offsite, and saw the paypal name of the person receiving the money (not thinking it’s me, since offsite I only work with trusted people who know who i’am, like you and you know I’m not called riccardo) lol

1 Like

No way this guy texted me on telegram

Sus

I trade with him , I’m so surprised now…

We reached a deal, he renamed the account so won’t have any more mistakes